Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

My Capcom Big Blue Lives!

Dreygor

So this is a little bit of everything. Its a full cabinet restore of a 2nd or 3rd generation Capcom Big Blue. It came with a Namco System 246 with Tekken 4 but the cab was kind of beat up and needed allot of work. I originally wanted to get a CPS2 multi and put it in there but my wallet screamed NOOOOOOOOOO. So I took an old PC and built out a HyperSpin set up of nothing but Capcom games. I am still tweaking with some of the set up but you get the just of what I am trying to accomplish.

I plan on getting a bezel made and getting some die-cut Capcom decals for the sides. I do have a back door with a lock in it but I removed it for the pictures.

It actually uses the Capcom Speakers that came in the cab originally. I would have loved to use a QSound Capcom amp but I could not source one for a reasonable price so I used a Sega one. It actually sounds incredible.

CkanwiFh.jpg

The front .. Check out the custom made marquee :)

HAFKfHfh.jpg

The Back view..

vrwq10nh.jpg

Here is a video demo for it

https://youtu.be/dvTs1aewYiw

6 hours ago, Rowr14 said:

That is gorgeous.

Thank you!

Here in the next week or two I am going to try to get the side decals and bezel ordered then I might still try to source a Capcom Q-Sound amp. I tried to keep it somewhat arcade faithful and a Capcom HyperSpin machine at the same time.

I am also having an issue with the JPAC. If I leave it in attract mode for too long for some reason HyperSpin starts ignoring commands coming from the JPAC. I have already turned off USB port sleeping and this even happened to me WHILE I was messing with the wheel checking to make sure I had all the themes and videos.  It's happened twice and it takes about 10-15 mins for it to happen. However if I start a game and exit it acts just fine.

I think hyperspin getting into these situations where it ignores input seems to be kind of common.

I'm still developing my setup and it will occasionally get into situations where It will stop responding to anything or gets stuck scrolling, if I alt tab to the desktop and then back it goes back to normal immediately.

Archived