Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

PC to Cabinet Interface

pel123

It's been a while since I built/modified an Arcade cabinet and was wondering what people use nowadays to interface their PC to the Cabinet?

The last cabinet I modified was a Virtua Fighter cabinet wired for JAMMA and I used the Ultimarc J-Pak interface to attach to my PC for Mame etc.

I also added various consoles such as the Saturn with - http://pc2jamma.mameworld.info/arc_sat4.html.

I also played PC light gun games such as house of the dead. I had a 24inch CRT in that cabinet though. I'm going to use a LCD or LED this time.

I was going to build a cocktail cabinet this time, but I started to remember the games I used to play such as Chase HQ, Time Crisis, House of the Dead and Ridge Racer, so now I think I'm going to have to build a standup one again.

Wow, I rambled on a bit there :-)

13 minutes ago, pel123 said:

Are you just using HyperSpin on the PC then Thatman?

Have you set many systems up?

I only use Hyperspin on the Shield TV, got around 60 systems but never really finished anything lol...didnt have a plan. Been a kid in a candy shop last couple of years.

Got a plan now for a pc desk/cab setup and starting the pick up bits. Got a cabinet and existing PC but waiting till my diy projects are over next year to focus my efforts on my setup

I've heard those Shield TV boxes are good, never tried one though.

You sound like me, too many hobbies and projects, but not enough time :-) Please let me know if you make any progress on the cabinet.

Great link on your footer by the way - The link to all the Youtube tutorials. I'm struggling at the moment with NullDC (Dremacast), SSF (Saturn) and bloody RetroArch. I hate the RetroArch interface.

Archived