The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Amd vs intel i3,5,7......

rust2dust

I just built a PC with an i3 and it runs everything great, even with just the on board video. A dedicated video card did help lock in frame rates on ridge racer, but I was pleased on most stuff without it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And i would mainly go for MAME games, and some of the older consoles like SNES,NES,N64 and some SEGA maybe, so i think a decent Dual Core could handle this, couldnt it?

Even a fast single core would run all those things fine. My older Core2Duo 2.13ghz (Dual Core) runs everything on up to Playstation games just fine with a lowly GeForce 210. So you're good. Once you get into Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii, and newer arcade emulation you're better off with a quad core and a decent video card.

Even a fast single core would run all those things fine. My older Core2Duo 2.13ghz (Dual Core) runs everything on up to Playstation games just fine with a lowly GeForce 210. So you're good. Once you get into Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii, and newer arcade emulation you're better off with a quad core and a decent video card.

Well, actually this perfectly fits my needs than. I now got that i3-4310 (EDIT: i3-4130) on my list, with a small motherboard(ASRock H81M-HDS), 4GB RAM (one stick, i may upgrade if i need to), 1TB HDD and a 350W PSU, which i think is a bit too much, but the smaller ones didnt look very stable. I will get a small GPU in there if i need more graphics power. The PC itself (without Win7) is at ~255€, which i can call a super budget build.

Got it hooked up and stripped down. .....All I can say is wow! I have not even put the video card in yet and dreamcast and ps2 are smooth as silk. Anyone have a good design on a cab that will accommodate a sub woofer?......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Doing a fresh install is a pain...still adjusting res on all the emulators. My 4:3 monitor just went on the blink but my 16:9 works fine....I'm thinking drivers.

Processor: AMD A10 6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core APU integrated graphics processor

Ram: 8GB DDR3 1333

Motherboard: GA-F2A55M-HD2 Socket FM2 A55 mATX

Video Card: Integrated Radeon HD 8670D

Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM SATA III

400W Power Supply

64-bit Windows 7

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I also went with an AMD processor for my cabinet. It's my first AMD processor after years of using Intel only. It runs like a champ. Here is what I'm running:

AMD Fx 8320, oc'ed to 4.12ghz

8 GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 for main screen

Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 for secondary screen (a must because I was getting sound stutter in some mame games)

Win 7 64 bit

250 SSD

Before the AMD, I had a core 2 quad that was too slow for model 3 emulation. It's no problem with the new video card and processor. When compared to an i5 processor(same video card,Ram, OS), I can't tell the difference. The only things where I've seen a noticeable difference has been in going from 4GB Ram to 8GB ram, and when putting everything on an SSD. Good luck with your build.

Archived