Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Upgrade from XP to WIn 10

albertone74

Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a new computer because the one I currently own unfortunately got broken. I have a full back up of all the folders though. However my dilemma is that I have been using windows XP until now and the new computer will come with win 10 installed on it.

Could someone please let me know how to install the latest version of Hyperspin from scratch by keeping all my current configuration?

Sorry I am not a big expert and I don't want to lose my current configuration as it took me ages to set it all up in the past!

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Kind regards,

Alberto

All that's needs to be done if you have the latest version already is to drag and drop or copy across from one pc to the other. 

You then need to change the path to Rocketlauncher in the Hyperspin settings.ini. You may also need to edit ROM paths in RLUI and any third party apps you use. 

You might be lucky and the drive layout from the new PC is the same as the old. 

Anything I've missed? 

3 minutes ago, albertone74 said:

Hi,

Many thanks for your replay.

I forgot to mention that I have got a very old version of Hyperspin dated 2010! Please advise.

Make sure you use the latest version 1.5.1 which is compatible with Windows 10.

You will also need to add exceptions in Windows Defender or it will quarantine the exe. 

3 minutes ago, albertone74 said:

Cool, am I right in saying that first I install the 1.5.1 on the new computer and then I drag and drop all the folders from the other computer?

Thanks!

No, the other way or you could overwrite new files with old. 

Just now, albertone74 said:

I see, so first I drag and drop the folder with all its contents from the old computer to the new computer and straight after I install the 1.5.1 on the new computer. Is that correct? Sorry if I am being thick:)

That's it. Keep a backup on your old pc as well. 

Archived