Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

killed my shieldtv setup

kllngtme

So I'm completely lost now. I've killed my setup when I was trying to get everything from my Shield to play from my Synology NAS. Now I'm just trying to get it to load off the Shield's 500Gb harddrive again.

I've tried reinstalling the app which I figured wouldn't be it. The only thing I remembered changing were the ini files. Every time I load Hyperspin on Shield it just crashes right away, no splashscreen or anything.

The basics to get this loading again are what? It's just crazy cause my whole file structure or files weren't touched. It would've been just the ini files.
I've been changing all the system game ini files of the portion for "rompath=", to /sdcard/Hyperspin and to H:/ which I believe my backup files had. I just don't get it.

I had this! So annoyed at myself.

I have 2 Shields and don't get the popup of "No Hyperspin data folder not found" on either of them.

I'm so lost now. I spent a lot of time editing XML files and don't plan on giving up now but I just lost hours in trying different folder names, etc. 

I’m not sure where you are with this now but I would suggest

disconnect nas from shield

Disconnect any hdd from shield

rename you internal Hyperspin folder to something else.

that should result in the Cannot find Hyperspin folder message.

From there it’s a case of building out your HS folder as it was before. It’s possible you have some corrupt files cause if the crash.

i would suggest checking your Media/Frontend folder for the intro video and also your Media/Main Menu files like themes. And Databases/Main Menu/Main Menu_Android.xml is not faulty.

also iirc the Settings/Main Menu.ini holds a memory of the last wheel used the systems Main Menu media could be corrupt but I don’t think you are getting that far.

the very basics that Hyperspin needs to open is Frontend media and main menu media. The main menu database and settings.ini along with main menu.ini and the last systems main menu media.

5 hours ago, thatman84 said:

disconnect nas from shield

Disconnect any hdd from shield

rename you internal Hyperspin folder to something else.

that should result in the Cannot find Hyperspin folder message.

HAHAHA. I can't believe it. I figured well it's already mounted and verified I can still reach everything from everywhere on other apps and such. As soon as I unmounted I got the popup it can't find the data folder. I renamed my Hyperspin folder back and bam, it works.  Hours of editing and trying different things. So stupid.

So in doing this I realized and wanted to confirm, if my NAS is mounted, Hyperspin automatically goes to look in the mounted share?! I thought it was only trying to look locally. I was under the impression I needed a Hyperspin folder locally on the shield AND on my server. I thought I had to point the local data to the NAS share.

Archived