Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Is there a faster way to set vertical and horizontal bezels on games without going through them one by one?

chipsnowdrop

I downloaded something like a theme pack(A pack that contains medias like artworks, videos, bezels, etc etc, that you can just drag and drop on your Hyperspin/Rocketlaucher setup) and I've noticed that the Bezels it provided are divided into two Folders which are: Horizontal and Vertical. I loaded them up in my systems bezel directory :(RocketLauncher\Media\Bezels\Shmups MAME\_Default) but hyperspin is only loading the Horizontal folder bezel for all my games. I want all of my vertical screen games to use the Vertical folder's bezel and likewise with Horizontal games.

• 6 months later...

in the mame ini folder make.
horizont.ini

#
# CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS
#
	fallback_artwork genhorizontal
	# Uncomment next line to use this for all games
override_artwork genhorizontal

and vertical.ini

#
# CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS
#
	fallback_artwork genvertical
	# Uncomment next line to use this for all games
override_artwork genvertical

you need the bezel files in the mame\artwork folder. and they do not get un-zipped.
i use mameui64 0.211 i dont think any other mame 211 still use bezels as mame are working on the feature.
but i need to use a png and a lay file setup for my bezels. this setup is true for any mame version 0.107 or newer.
mame 0.106 of older use a png and an art file.

if you only have the genvertical and genhorizont bezels in the artwork folder then you will always use those. if you have other bezels in there "the bezel zip folder name matches the rom names. then you will only use the generic ones for games you do not have a bezel for.

Thats how you use them with MAME i dont use extra things like rocket launcher if i can do the things i want to do without something then i dont use it,

Archived