Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Updating Rom sets

maxpwer

Hi all,

I apologize a head of time if this is not the correct place to post this. I have a full rom set for MAME version .150 or at least I'm pretty sure it is full. SO I have some questions in regarding updating it and using some programs to do it so hear goes.

1. How can I tell if I have split or merged rom set?

2. I followed the tutorial on http://www.cphsolutions.f2s.com/guides/cmprotutorial.htm is there any other tutorials out there?

3. From the tutorial on cphsolutions website I do not see the dat file being used; do I need to use this file? I have seen other tutorials that mention downloading dat files and using them clrmamepro.

This is it for now thanks for any help.

Max

you may want to look into romcenter, it does what clrmame does.

I think it has a more user friendly GUI and lower learning curve compared to clrmame.

only draw back to romcenter is that it takes a very long time to load the 20k+ MAME roms.

turn on the close caption and translate to English.

you always need a dat file, this file contains all the information needed to rebuild your rom set

you can get them here.

http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats_en.html

the good thing is that you can get lazy and create your own using the MAME emulator.

I don't know how to create them in clrmame but romcenter will give you the option to create a DAT file from your

MAME exe file.

With that been said, you should go to PD and download a Full split set of version .153.

you will need update pack: .151, .152 and .153 in order to upgrade from .150 to .153

I went to download the dat file and I have 7zip installed. I unzip the dat file to clrmamepro dat folder and navigate to there but it shows nothing is added in the Mame 150 folder under the profile folder. Is this normal?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I downloaded the dat file and get the following error when I try to use it with CLRMAMEPRO "no *.dat/* .xml files were found in mame_dats_150.rar" Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Archived