Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Button issue

Roadrunner

I have just discovered a weird bug in my setup. In both Stella and Mame I was playing Bezerk to test something out and I noticed that when I go upper left diagonally, I can't fire using my default button.

I have the 'B" key assigned as my main 'fire' button for all my games and it works fine. But upper left the 'B' button just doesn't work. I tried re-assigning the fire button in that game to 'C' and it worked no problem. Any idea why I'd have this weird issue? Is there some script that might be causing this? Any help would be appreciated because I really don't feel like remapping everything.

I'll test this also in the morning. Do you have "B" mapped to anything else?

I don't think so.

And its happening in two different emus - Stella and Mame. How would I check to see if it's mapped to anything else? Its my default 'fire' button for everything.

And its weird, only happens diagonal up left...

Sounds almost like a keyboard conflict. What's your control setup?

Was testing this on my PC but I'm pretty sure I have the same problem on my cabinet as well. I'll test it tomorrow to make sure.

I'm not sure what you mean by "control setup"? Just a keyboard on a PC.

Okay, checked my cab... owrks fine. So this bug only exists on my other PC. Weird... runs diagonally fine but the 'b' button doesn't work when pressing. And in Atari the character pauses for a second when he shoots. There is not pausing for the character when I am going up-left and shooting. It's like the 'b' button just isn't registering at all when I go that way...

Try setting your keys to any of the following W E R S D F, these keys shouldn't have any conflict with the arrows (probably why wsad became the default PC control scheme)

You know it's been so long since I set everything up... I forgot that 'B' actually isn't the default key for MAME. I just made it the fire key so that it was more accessible on the keyboard. And that also explains why its not a problem on the cab.

Weird that there'd be a conflict though... I mean why wouldn't the B key work when its up and left but work for everything else? Just weird.

Try setting your keys to any of the following W E R S D F, these keys shouldn't have any conflict with the arrows (probably why wsad became the default PC control scheme)

You know it's been so long since I set everything up... I forgot that 'B' actually isn't the default key for MAME. I just made it the fire key so that it was more accessible on the keyboard. And that also explains why its not a problem on the cab.

Weird that there'd be a conflict though... I mean why wouldn't the B key work when its up and left but work for everything else? Just weird. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Archived