Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Issues with JoytoKey

nguerra

I'm using JoytoKey to emulate a couple of game systems.  When the PC starts, Hyperspin starts automatically.  I can control my Hyperspin wheel with the controller just fine.  When I exit and re-enter Hyperspin, the game controller still works just fine.  However If I go into Rocketlauncher UI, launch a game to test, then exit Rocketlauncher UI and go back into Hyperspin, the controller no longer works.  It's almost like JoytoKey isn't loading the Hyperspin profile for some reason.  I discovered this while trying to get JoytoKey to work for Playstation 1 games.  It works for some of them but not all of them and I can't seem to figure out why.  For instance if works just fine for 007 games but I have only gotten it to work for Xtreme2 a couple of times, don't recall what I did to get it to work but when I exit the game and then go back in, it doesnt work.

Ok I think I found the issue with JoytoKey and restarting Hyperspin and running RocketLauncher.  Looks like RocketLauncher is shutting down JoytoKey.  If I manually restart Joy2Key before going backinto Hyperspin, the controller works as it did before.  Is there a way to keep RocketLauncher from shutting down JoytoKey?

JTK should not be used for any in-game controls. The system profiles you create should only have an exit command... or possibly savestate stuff... only things that can't be mapped directly to a gamepad button in the emulator itself.

RL works by shutting down and re-loading JTK with the appropriate profile so make sure to always have a profile loading even if it is completely blank. Did you follow my tutorial?

Spawk,

Yes I followed your mini tutorial to get this far.  So you are saying that I should get my PlayStation controller to work first in ePSXe.  It does work and the configuration is attached below.  All games work this way and no problems found.  However when I launch the game in Hyperspin (emulator ePSXe) the controller is unresponsive for the game 2Xtreme.  It does work however for game 007 world is not enough.  Seems some games work and some don't.  Not sure on the ratio but from what I have tested so far, 50/50.  The controller is a stock Sony SCPH-1080 and the USB interface is a Komodo.  Again, I did have it working once or twice with the game 2Xtreme but after I exited and went back into hyperspin, it no longer worked. 

setup.jpg

PS1 games are a mixed bag like that. Some games will only work in "Digital" others will need "Dual Analog"... some may even work with either/both.

You can specify which connection to use on a per game basis in RLUI "edit global module" --> "Rom Settings" tab:

826372895_RL-epsxecontrols.thumb.PNG.ab929e390cfefb4c6bbfb3ccd01678a2.PNG

You can find more info about it in this thread on the RL forums:

http://www.rlauncher.com/showthread.php?4408-Sony-PlayStation-Controller-Compatibility-Matrix-and-List-of-Special-Settings&p=47221#post47221

Archived