Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperlists regarding Mame

shredder

Hey All!

Two questions really, first, Is the Hyperlists website actively being maintained or has that changed sometime in the past few years? I try to stick to these lists when building out a system or upgrading one due to their completeness of data (game name, manufacturer, release year)...or is there another source that we should be referencing for this info? or has this dispersed into "Lets just find a working list somewhere on the internet"

Second question is... If the first question is true and Hyperslists is a reliable source, Does the mame list reflect updates for the most recent version of Mame (currently 0.228)? If not, Is there a complete DBlist available somewhere?

I found this post on a forum search that includes 0.226...good enough i suppose. 

There were some dependencies when updating the genre.xml lists that i had to fix manually first using the bulk renaming utility tool to rename all of the genre xml's to include " games" at the end of each list (note the space before "games". This new download did not include some of the genre categories that i had previously so I essentially merged the two structures between what i had (0.215) and this new 0.226 list. Artwork and themes seem to be ok. I'm in mid-process of rebuilding my mame repo so I haven't been able to test if any games work yet, but hopefully this sames someone else from searching around. 
There really should be an official repo for these lists...they're a core functionality of how hyperspin operates. 

7 hours ago, agent47 said:

Yeah, and that's what HyperList was meant to be. Like most things around here, the few staff who had access to HL weren't doing any work on it themselves, wouldn't give access to those doing the work and couldn't even be bothered to update it when people produced updated lists.

The last update I do remember from many years ago replaced lists with shittier ones because no vetting was done. The above things (among others) caused quality db contributors to walk away and you're left with the crap lists on HL.

They're some of the many reasons I personally stopped posting my dbs here and why I just keep my db updates/new dbs to myself.

Do you think the best way to have updated lists/roms would be to use a No-Intro 1G1R set? (Excluding the stuff you don't want like Protos, Betas, Demos, etc.)

Or i would miss something doing like that?

Archived