Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Don's Hyperspin List Generator not scanning sub folders

ruxtonbruce

Hi There all

I am using Don's Hyperspin List Generator to cut down my xml Database files to show only the Roms that I have in my folders. This has been working really well but doesn't appear to work if the roms are in a sub folder under the rom path. When I scan with Don's Hyperspin List Generator it shows No to all the games in the Game Column of the List Generator, meaning that it hasn't found any ROM files.

If I move the ROM file out of the subfolder and put it directly into the ROM path specified in Hyper HQ it finds the game in Don's Hyperspin List Generator. In Hyper HQ I have set "Search subfolders" to Enabled and have tried Enabling and Disabling "Use Full Path to ROMS" without any luck.

Does Don's Hyperspin List Generator not support sub folders??

Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Not too sure about Don's, never use it myself.

From a settings standpoint, that tab of HQ is only used when set to "Normal" execution. As soon as you select "HyperLaunch (RocketLauncher), then all that is ignored... unless you use a filter like "roms only", then you must specify a path and extension. This sounds like what you want anyway, so is there a specific reason you want them out of the xml instead of just using the filter?

If you must use Don's to remove, a simple solution could probably be to just move all roms into one folder in one move with a proper search (*.zip) and a "select all" cut/paste, run the app, then simply move them all back with the undo button. Don't worry RocketLauncher will still launch them in sub folders as long as the folder name is exactly same as the file name inside it.

Hi there Spawk

Thanks heaps for your reply. Doesn't appear that Don's does traverse sub folders. That's fine though as I just did what you suggested and used the ROMs Only option from Hyper HQ.

Thanks very much for getting back to me though :)

Cheers

Mark

Archived