Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

OH God help us a newbie...

DisneyRob

Please excuse the very basic question, but I know NOTHING about Hyperspin, and am the literal babe in the woods. I have some questions

And I hope I can get some answers.

1. I am thinking of getting a preloaded Hyperspin external drive, and would like to know what would be the best to purchase. I am looking at the 8T because it seems to

be loaded with the most stuff I want to play. What would be your recommendation.

2. If I get a plug and play unit, is all I need to do is to plug it into a USB and my computer will recognize it, will I have to do anything else to get it running.

3. I already have a setup on this  computer with a front end (mGalaxY) with about ninety system installed on it. Will Hyperspin work with that installed if it is located on another drive that the one I am using for the hyperspin external drive

4. Currently on my computer I am playing Roms of Ps2, XBox, and WII-U. Most of the games work fine, however a couple of  PS2, and XBox games (Games with high screen redraws), are a little choppy . My system is

8 G ram

Intel Core 15-8400 2.81 GHZ'

Intel UHD Graphics 630

Will some of the newer stuff be choppy. If so  it is fine, I am only interested in the older stuff anyway, but hate to pay for newer games if they won't work, or if they are choppy.

Also if I decide to get the preloaded external what is the place to get one as far as price, customer support, realibilty, etc.

I thank you for your time in this matter.

There is NO SUCH thing as an 8TB (or any other size) drive. It is highly illegal to distribute any games with any emulator/frontend. Anyone offering to do so, is in NO WAY affiliated with HS or this site. We don't even allow talk about where to get any "roms" on this site. We don't support piracy in any way. Please consult the laws in your Country/Region about the legalities around obtaining any "game images". This is not just HyperSpin specific, you can look at any Frontend you like, none of them would ever sell a drive with game images on it. Please DO NOT come here for support if you buy one of these!

*If you already have a collection of legally owned game images

** AND you are setting all this up yourself

Then you may come here to ask more specific questions about getting something running more smoothly... That's not to say you are guaranteed an answer or anything. There is nobody getting paid here to provide support. The user base isn't exactly bustling these days either, but the people that do still hang around these forums are generally really good at helping others troubleshoot. HS is FREEWARE after all, there is no reason to be buying it... ok there is a "suggested" HS premium subscription to quickly sync all the pretty artwork that you see when browsing the game wheels. It is not 100% needed though as you can technically download stuff manually and just place in the proper folder location. Also, the game video previews that play when browsing the wheel all come from a site called EmuMovies. A platinum subscription there is totally necessary no matter what Frontend you use! So there can be some cost if you are serious about your retro gaming.

In my opinion there is no such thing as "plug and play". There is just too many different ways to "set-up". Too many different PC's. Too many choices! Did they set this up to run on a Pi or full fledged Ryzen CPU and 8GB graphics card? Was it set up for an actual CRT tube or a 16:9 widescreen? If it's widescreen, most retro systems are 4:3 ratio, did they just stretch the game out to the edges or did they use a nice bezel to display some art in that area instead? What about controls? Did they set up use for joypads? If so, were they dinput or xinput? Or did they just set up for actual arcade cab controls? Speaking of arcade cabinets, does yours have an LCD for the marquee? or nice LED buttons? Did whoever set this up account for that by setting up HyperMarquee or LEDBlinky? You see, we are not just talking about 1 program here. These kind of set ups are typically 3-9 different programs (not even including emulators) that all kinda work in unison. There is also often more than 1 way to do things. If you are using gamepads, you can map controls with supported keymappers like JoyToKey or Xpadder. Or depending on your needs, you could just use the "Startup Script", or you could write some quick AHK scripts to launch at the proper times.

You can buy someone else's choices and hope that everything miraculously lines up, but ultimately I think you will have to learn what everything does and why it's used so you'll be able to "fix" it the way YOU like/need. Set-up should be done on the system it's going to run on as far as I can see.