Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Looking for a stereo power amplifier like a car one but input voltage 110VAC

Hello,

Wondering if anyone here uses or has suggestions for a stereo power amplifier like ones found in automobiles but instead of 12VDC input voltage would be your typical household mains voltage of 110VAC.

I don't have room for the home receiver amplifier ones.

It could be 2 channel x100watts or total of 200-300watt.

• 1 month later...

That's a lot of power for a person standing so close, but I like it :)
I don't have an alternative like you're hoping... but I hope this helps.

I used a 2.1 computer speaker setup for mine... it solves the volume control issue as it comes with a knob.

You can use a standard car audio amp and a regular 12VDC power supply (available at any old electronics shop).  There'll be 2x positive terminals on the amp (1 for power, the other for "turn on"), you 'could' bridge them, but I think it would be better to turn the amp on using a 12V+ from the PC power supply, it won't drain power from the PC's power supply this way, but use it like a relay to activate it (so it's only "on" when your computer is on).

• Super Like 1

I have Dell/Harman-Kardon 2.1 computer speaker setups in all 3 of my cabinets. They sound very close to the original equipment (thanks to their bass and treble controls), and they were all stupid-cheap garage sale finds. I don't have $20 USD in all 3 together. Gotta love that.