The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

A greeting and a couple questions

runey71

Just wanted to say hello :) I was really into the ROM scene many years ago and worked on some Gamebase projects back in the day. Stumbled onto HyperSpin and decided to dust off my box full of back up drives filled with ROMs and start updating them all again.

I must say HyperSpin so far is awesome and I would definitely like to become more involved. So if there is anything I can do feel free to let me know. Right now I've just installed everything related to MAME and am playing with that to learn about how everything works.

One thing I'm quite keen on doing is getting full integration with XBMC. I'm still learning that so bear with me. Was thinking of throwing together a XBMC add-on to launch HyperSpin. I know it can be done via Advanced Launcher but a dedicated add-on might add some extra functionality. One thing I would like to put into such an add-on is displaying things like most played, last played games etc within XBMC. That way you can just click on that game and open it straight up or see what your friends / family have been playing (different profiles).

Anyway I'm rambling now LOL Just some thoughts. I would love some feedback :)

Archived