Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Helllp

mysterio

Hey people I'm new and having a bit of a problem with hyperspin. I have mameui64 0.153 and can't seem to get Hyperspin to recognize the Roms I have.

When I start up hyperspin and navigate to the mame menu I don't see any of the roms I have. I've done 2 setups with lainchhq and hyperspinhq by following the instructions from this website but no luck. I think Hyperion looks awesome and very eager to start customizing it but would like to see my roms been reconised first. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

It sounds like you need to get a proper Mame xml in your database folder. Either that or your mame roms are named diffently than the standard and you'll need a new set (or to rename them). When you click the mame wheel does it just go right back to the hyperspin main wheel? If so, its an xml problem. You can download the mame xml from this site by going to HyperApps / Hyperlist. If Hyperspin opens up onto a wheel but says you're missing roms, its because your roms don't match the xml. Also, check in hyperlaunchHQ to make sure you've defined your rom path. Lastly, this shouldn't be necessary but you can try setting your rom path in the mame.cfg file for the mame emulator, if they are stored anywhere but in the mame directory. Hyperlaunch does override that config file, however, at least for the rom path, so this last step is a stretch.

Thank you very much for your quick response I'll be tackling it again shortly with your recommendations in mind. And hoping it's a success , thanks again for your time.

We're on similar timezones. Drop me a note and i'll let you know my contact details. I'm not a hyperspin expert but i'm sure if there was a pothole to fall in during my setup of my first 6 emulators that I would have found. I may be able to at least look for the basics before the experts step in.

PM me if you need some help

im having a similar problem... im using mameguifx64 0.154. i have a 0.154 romset. the roms play fine outside of hyperspin.

in hyperspin things are messy. some of the wheel art shows, some doesnt. there are TONS of games with multiple enteries.

i wasnt able to rename the roms using dons rom renamer. im using the most recent XML available off of here.

im sure its something with the roms and .XML files, just not sure what direction to go to resolve it?

Never use renamers on mame rom sets. use clrmamepro or get the correct release for the mame your using. Use the renamer for the other systems using the HS wheel images as the naming standard. The multiple entries are additional versions "child" of an origional "parent" game. A few are OK, most are not worth the trouble. There are databases here that will help you pare down the mess. PM me if you need help.

Archived