Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Dividers For Wheels

CompModz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

k im at a complete standstill here, any input would be appreciated, need to be able to hit enter on the game wheel divider without it loosing focus on hyperspin and at the same time appearing to do nothing, thisis my issue, ive tried 20 different approaches and each 1 is fail, need help here i think, any1 got any ideas??

or does any1 know of roms for consoles that dont work and just go back to hyperspin when u try to launch them, if so i can use these roms, rename w/e to get the game dividers to function properly, would need 1 non-working rom for each system. so how bout some feedback guys, already had almost 20 downloads of the main menu theme and would love to reach a solution on this 1 way or another.

have gotten further but i only understand the first part of the solution and have yet to be successful, so i posted a reply to the other thread asking for clarification, will post here again when i know more, ty again for the help DrMoney.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I just now noticed this thread. CompModz, what you're looking to do is actually VERY easy to achieve. I'm going to assume you have Hyperlaunch 2.0 because that's grown to be our new standard. Open up Hyperlaunch.ahk and edit this area to reflect the changes I've outlined here in red:

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Run Module To Start Launch
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color="Red"];Check to see if wheel is a divider
if ((romName = "Altered Beast") || (romName = "avsp") || (romname = "umk3"))
{
exitScript()
}[/color]

DllCall(AhkDll "\ahktextdll","Str",MScript,"Str",options,"Str",parameters,"Cdecl UInt")
if (ErrorLevel != 0)
ScriptError("Error running module.")

;The script waits here until the module is finished doing its thing.
While DllCall(AhkDll "\ahkReady")
  Sleep, 100
  ;MsgBox Exiting Main Script

For romName I used actual names of roms, but I wanted to put at least 3 examples in there for you to go off of. What you'll want to do is change the romName variable to whatever your wheel image is named, which should be the same name reflected in the Database XML for that wheel.

What this is doing is catching the script before it launches the emulator module and checks to see if the wheel image is just a divider based on what you define as a divider (romName). If it matches up and is deemed a divider, it exits the script before a module is launched, therefore making the divider do absolutely nothing when selected.

Don't forget to compile. Also, BBB mentioned that the master Hyperlaunch.ahk script requires you to compile it with a certain version of AutoHotKey. Look that up before making this modification. Cheers.

k i updated to hl2.0 and put all my modules in now nothing works, cant play any games, i get "error at line 1, ......." once again im lost, bout ready to scrap the whole project cause it worked flawlessly with the old hyperlaunch, just no game dividers that way, this is discouraging me from even trying hs 2.0 when it comes out, what new issues will i have then, need some help on this 1, makes me wanna take a bat to my racing cab, lol, i just want to play my games with a little bit of organization, is that so much to ask?

k nvm im scrappin the HL 2.0 idea, dont like the script setup anyway, i messed around with DrMoneys <exe> suggestion and got it working just now, no hyperlaunch needed, will release full package when i get it all done, and it wont matter what hyperlaunch u use either cause all the settings have HL set to false anyway, ty every1 for your help in making this a possibility, and mabye 1 day ill sit down and figure out this new script setup for 2.0, but for now....:D

ok so everything is finished and working great, ty to every1 that helped make this a reality, ive redone a few things in the main menu dividers too, so i will be removing the link to the old main menu dividers and will be posting all 3 new links (main menu, game menu and full package containing both) to the first post in this thread for convienence purposes, so to every1, scoop this up, follow the enclosed instructions and, enjoy :D:D:D

• 2 years later...

Hey man, I looked and I either can't find them or I deleted them.

That sucks as I was considering adding these to my setup. If they pop up I'll PM you. This is still aftermath of some douchbags that screwed up the original FTP. So much awesome content was lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived