Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Dividers For Wheels

CompModz

My idea is to use png images to divide the wheel arts between Z and # in the game wheels and dividers labeled "console", "Arcade" and "Media" for the main wheel. I've managed to do this but i want to make it so that the dividers do nothing when u try to selct them.

**UPDATE**

Many changes, works like a charm now, here are the new download links of the new versions, enjoy and feel free to comment, would love to hear the feedback on this, Here ya go:

Main Menu

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NWVG2KRV

Game Menu

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=498B6W3R

Full Version

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3IKU52Q7

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just got an idea, what if u made an exe file that does nothing but esc back to hyperspin, then it wouldnt be noticable and the "cannot find Divider.xml screen would dissapear, the only thing that would happen is the screen might flash, go black or freeze for a seecond while the program executes, just guide hyperspin to the exe with hyperHQ, however i do not have enough coding skills to know how to create the exe file needed, and ideas or any other ideas on how to accomplish this would be great, this feature would help break the confusion when im looking through my wheels.

yea that sounds pretty good, or i could just make a batch file and set it to pcgame in hyperhq and guide it to the batch, didnt think of going that way, pretty simple, tnx will post how it went and a link to the zip of everything made when done, eg. wheel art, batch file, etc.. if im allowed to, not sure the rules on this

I'll have to think about this, I know currently theres no way around this because if you dont have a database it will warn you and if you do have a database it will try and open that menu. There would possibly have to be another flag in the xml called divider to tell HS its not selectable. I could be persuaded to code this, hehe, but I am busy ATM, but if you get it working with the current setup , let me know, the next HS auto creates ini's so it might not work.

have tried editing my ahk, also tried updating autohotkey itself to no avail, still getting the same issue, any ideas would be great but im off to bed, tomorrow i will photoshop up the rest of the dividers for the main menu and check this post, night all and tnx for the help so far, i hope this becomes a reality, this is a feature i just must have, lmao

Progress

working exe and ini files

all xmls edited

arcade and console wheel art

system game divider wheel art with theme

Still working on

pinball and media wheel arts and themes

console and arcade themes

bug in game selection fix(freezing)

will post when complete, lots of steps to make this work, just wanna make sure i cover everything

yes and yes alostsol im still having a control kickout issue with the game wheels though when u try to select the divider, but the main menu dividers work perfectly, and i will be including themes along with the wheel art, must fix this issue to make this perfect, and yes every rom xml needs to have a "divider" entry in the first spot, i set the dscription to "hyperspin" cause it goes with the theme i made for the game wheels., any help on making the game dividers function properly would be great, i mean other then creating an "exit" rom file for each emulator and calling it divider, i have no idea.here is a screen shot of the game divider and theme. the "hs" spins and the "Choose Your Selection" hovers.

post-34778-142870573415_thumb.jpg

ok so i finished photoshopping everything today and did some final testing on the main menu dividers and they are ready to release, i am attaching the zip file which contains all wheel art, themes, settings and an instruction text for editing the main menu xml and file placement, pretty straight forward, just releasing the main menu dividers for now until i work out the bug in the game wheels, then i will release the game wheel package as well as a complete package for those people who havent download the main menu dividers previously, enjoy and feel free to add feedback, also again any help with the game wheel issue would be greatly appreciated.....aparently i cannot upload the zip, how would i do this, in the mean time heres some screen shots.

post-34778-142870573418_thumb.jpg

post-34778-14287057342_thumb.jpg

post-34778-142870573422_thumb.jpg

post-34778-142870573425_thumb.jpg

I like the idea of dividers. The only thing I would have you do is redesign the dividers. I would make them solid long rectangles with type inside. Something a bit less busy and more structured. Right now it looks like another game wheel to me. I think it would serve its purpose better if it looked completely different. Even take a page from some of KoolBreezes wheel images...something along those lines but simpler and more consistent so you know when you see one, it is a divider.

Just my 2 cents...love the idea and will probably be using it when I set up my cab.

billpa

great idea billpa what if i made the rectangles have like a folder tab at the top with the divider items name in the tab and then artwork to fill the rectangle, anyway i might tackle that after i fix the game wheel issue, but for now heres a link to the main menu file, follow the instructions inside the zip, enjoy

**Link removed, new links posted to first post

Archived