Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How to install and configure.. guidance

jeanvion

Hello hyperspinners,

I have been a bit inactive for the last 6 months but I'm ready to jump back into hyperspin with a brand new hardware and software setup! *Psyched

So ready as i am i jump to the hyperspin website again and expect some clear step per step manual how to install and configure everything from the beginning: hyperspin, hyperlaunch, emulators, roms, hypersync, hyperpause, ... And after 10 minutes of browsing I notice that all information is still spread out on different locations, a guide forum sticky here, hyperwiki and docs page there, and I'm lost again. What is the best source of setting up and configuring everything? Or if there is no such thing as a one source can somebody link me the different locations?

How to Install HyperSpin

^

This is probably the closest thing you are asking for. A source with links in one location.

Nobody has really asked for a hypersync guide so it hasn't been made. I believe this must be because hypersync has an intuitive interface or a good description of what stuff does.

HyperPause information

More of an explanation of HyperPause features, settings and options. There is not a true HyperPause for dummies guide that tells you to click here and then click there etc.

HyperLaunch doesn't have a tutorial for all of it's stuff because nobody wants to write or read it. A hyperlaunch for dummies could be a book with 100+ pages. The best way to figure out HyperLaunch is to use HyperLaunchHQ and click on the blue i icons next to the settings and hover your mouse over the different buttons to see what the button does.

Most emulators have their own site with a tutorial and some information. Some even have a readme file they include with the installations. The hyperlaunch developers also included notes at the tops of the modules (there's a module notes button in HLHQ) detailing stuff they had to do to get the emulator working. HLHQ contains links to the emulator websites in one location when you doubleclick on the emulator names in the module tab.

For legal reasons there are no guides for downloading and distributing roms.

The hyperspin docs page has good details for installing and making themes and changing hyperspin's appearance.

A common pitfall of new people is not having the rom names matching the xml database names. If you are against changing your rom names you can use hyperlaunch's advanced rom mapping feature.

Thanks a lot ghutch, I will definitely follow your sticky to install all hyperspin related. One more question, what is the easiest way if I just want hyperspin to show me the games I like. Do i need to edit the xml then?

Yes, editing the xml is the best way to go. It would be easiest to edit it with something like Altova XML Spy or Don's Tools. Some people would suggest using the filters in HyperHQ, but editing the xml is the best way because it will reduce load time on slower machines. Stay away from the rom filter in HyperHQ it only causes headaches.

Archived