Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Joystick Setup

m1monster

HyperSpin doesn't support joysticks properly. You have to use a 3rd party app to get it to work with joysticks. First thing you should do is make sure your joystick works with your Windows installation. Do this by confirming that the inputs work in the Control Panel. If it doesn't, get the right drivers installed. Then follow the instructions to setup up the HyperSpin Startup Script.

You can see what does what in the game controllers control panel window. You can also use the search for joy.cpl or just run joy.cpl. There you should see it listed, highlight your controller go to properties and see what does what.

If it acts like a keyboard you can just press buttons with the notepad window open.

You can see what does what in the game controllers control panel window. You can also use the search for joy.cpl or just run joy.cpl. There you should see it listed, highlight your controller go to properties and see what does what.

If it acts like a keyboard you can just press buttons with the notepad window open.

So I have the stick part working for up/down Left/Right... it has 8 buttons so what I am trying to do is say like the first button to be a jump button and so on...

A jump button in what? Are you trying to configure it in Hyperspin or in an emulator now?

I am trying to configure it in Xpatter. So the stick part works I can scroll the wheel but then when I try to go to lets say Nintendo in order to choose those games I have to use the keyboard.

then have to use the keyboard to start the game.. now when I am in a game I can move left right up down but the other buttons do nothing. that's what I am stuck on now :)

I am trying to configure it in Xpatter. So the stick part works I can scroll the wheel but then when I try to go to lets say Nintendo in order to choose those games I have to use the keyboard.

then have to use the keyboard to start the game.. now when I am in a game I can move left right up down but the other buttons do nothing. that's what I am stuck on now :)

As for HyperSpin joystick setup, have you used setup the HyperSpin Startup Script at all? If yes, then it is just a matter of figuring out what buttons are 1-7 on your joystick. You will need to go into the Control Panel>Gamepad/Joystick Properties and start pressing buttons on your joystick to find out which buttons are 1-7. From there, the HyperSpin navigation functions are:

Button 1: Enter

Button 2: Esc

Button 3: Genre

Button 4: Roulette

Button 5: Skip up

Button 6: Skip down

Button 7: Favorites

If no, as in you haven't setup the HyperSpin Startup Script at all (this is where I am guessing your progress is as of now), and you can scroll up and down in HyperSpin, then your joystick is actually a keyboard encoder and not a true joystick. That is ok. You will have to figure out what buttons generate what inputs. To do this, like ghutch92 said, open up Notepad. Start pressing buttons on your joystick. If it is a keyboard encoder, then each button will correspond to a keyboard stroke. Find out which stroke each button generates. Then decide which HyperSpin function you want to map to that joystick button/keystroke. Open up HyperHQ>Control tab, and map that button/keyboard stroke to the function in HyperHQ.

.....and viola!

Archived