Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Lost another wheel video frame, I need help on this, please.

pavlovtiger

Ugh. Hoping for a response to this this time, as last time it happened I got no replies and my issue magically resolved itself. I'll offer pictorial evidence of my problem this time as well.

So. Here's what my Final Fantasy VII entries in the Playstation wheel are meant to look like:

[attachment=14716:40959.attach] 

That is my Disc 1 wheel entry. Here is what Disc 2 and Disc 3 both look like now, after I tried making my own video clips for them so they would show gameplay which actually occurs on those discs:

[attachment=14717:40960.attach] 

As you can see, the very frame the video clip lives in has gone away and left no forwarding address. Disc 2 and 3 both exhibit this behavior and, just like with the 4-disc Geppy-X game, replacing the stock video clips does not bring the frames back, they are gone. I am baffled by this. I want to get the videos back (the ones I made, if at all possible) and more importantly, to understand why this happens so I can stop it happening anymore.

post-81522-142870648923_thumb.jpg

post-81522-142870648926_thumb.jpg

Yeh, that didn't do the trick unfortunately. What's the easiest way for me to send you my custom Disc 3 video? I only need to send one, as I encoded both in the same manner. I wish I could remember what I did with the Geppy-X videos that jogged the system into working again.

I'm running Hyperspin version 1.3.2.0 according to the mouse-over of the exe, and I had previously been running it at 1280x720, though I did switch back to 800x600 when I read your latest reply. That didn't solve the issue, though. Here's my Hyperspin log, unless you had a different log in mind:

02:26:56 PM |  HyperSpin Started 
02:26:56 PM |  Going windowed mode 
02:26:56 PM |  Checking for updates 
02:26:56 PM |  Update Check Complete 
02:26:56 PM |  Startup program unavailable 
02:26:56 PM |  Playing intro video 
02:26:57 PM |  Error intializing joysticks 
02:26:57 PM |  Menu Mode is multi 
02:26:57 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml 
02:26:57 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
02:26:58 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully 
02:26:59 PM |  Loading Sony PlayStation.xml 
02:26:59 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
02:26:59 PM |  Sony PlayStation wheel loaded successfully 
02:27:02 PM |  Sony PlayStation wheel loaded successfully 
02:27:16 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml 
02:27:16 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
02:27:16 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully 
02:27:19 PM |  Exit program unavailable 
02:27:19 PM |  Quiting Hyperspin 
02:27:19 PM |  Bye!  

Ah, here's my settings.ini then:

[Main]
Hyperlaunch_Path=M:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch\

Menu_Mode=multi
Single_Mode_Name=NEC TurboGrafx-CD
Enable_Exit_Menu=true
Enable_Exit=true
Exit_Default=yes
Exit_Action=exit
Version=1.0.0.0
Last_System=Sony PlayStation
Hyperlaunch_Path=M:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch\

[Resolution]
FullScreen=false
Width=800
Height=600
Scanlines_Active=false
Scanlines_Image=
Scanlines_Scale=2
Scanlines_Alpha=0.1

[Optimizer]
CPU_Priority=high
Quality=MEDIUM
Image_Smoothing=true
Animated_Backgrounds=true
Inter_Backgrounds=true
Level1_Backgrounds=true
Level2_Backgrounds=true
Level3_Backgrounds=true
Level4_Backgrounds=true
Special_Backgrounds=true
Wait_For_Special=false
Animated_Artworks=true
Level1_Artworks=true
Level2_Artworks=true

[introVideo]
Use_Intro=true
Stop_On_Keypress=true

[sound]
Master_Volume=100
Video_Volume=100
Wheel_Volume=30
Interface_Volume=60

[AttractMode]
Active=true
Time=60
MaxSpinTime=10
HyperSpin=true
Wait_For_Video=false

[Keyboard]
Key_Delay=true

[P1 Controls]
Start=13
Exit=27
Up=38
Down=40
SkipUp=37
SkipDown=39
SkipUpNumber=70
SkipDownNumber=86
HyperSpin=32
Genre=71
Favorites=76

[P2 Controls]
Start=69
Exit=81
Up=87
Down=83
SkipUp=65
SkipDown=68
SkipUpNumber=74
SkipDownNumber=77
HyperSpin=88
Genre=72
Favorites=90

[P1 Joystick]
Enabled=false
Joy=0
Threshold=40
Start=Button_1
Exit=Button_2
Up=Analog_Up
Down=Analog_Down
SkipUp=Analog_Left
SkipDown=Analog_Right
SkipUpNumber=Button_3
SkipDownNumber=Button_4
HyperSpin=Button_5
Genre=Button_6
Favorites=Button_7

[P2 Joystick]
Enabled=false
Joy=1
Threshold=40
Start=Button_1
Exit=Button_2
Up=Analog_Up
Down=Analog_Down
SkipUp=Analog_Left
SkipDown=Analog_Right
SkipUpNumber=Button_3
SkipDownNumber=Button_4
HyperSpin=Button_5
Genre=Button_6
Favorites=Button_7

[Trackball]
Enabled=false
Sensitivity=90

[spinner]
Enabled=false
Sensitivity=90

[startup Program]
Executable=
Paramaters=
Working_Directory=
WinState=
[Exit Program]
Executable=
Paramaters=
Working_Directory=
WinState=NORMAL

[LEDBlinky]
Active=false
Path=

[HiScore]
Active=false
Y=550
Delay=2 

Wondering how far back I can take my Playstation installation in Hyperspin, without accidentally deleting my additional entries on the database. I've added some Euro and Japanese titles which I actually like playing, complete with videos and box and wheel art. This FF7 video disappearance vexes me greatly. Can I do another operation in either Hypersync or from the ftp here or at Emumovies, to 'roll back' something and get these vids back? At this point I don't even care so much about having videos consistent with the game discs from which they come, I just want videos to work at all for these.

Wow. Not even completely deleting PlayStation from my Hyperspin setup and replacing it, database included, has solved this. -Something has broken- and I fear I may never find out what it is. At this point I may have to sigh and put up with having no video frames for Disc 2 or 3. I don't know what else to try at the moment. I've replaced the default and main menu themes for the console, removed and replaced in HyperHQ, what else -is- there?

Once again, the issue resolves itself, randomly and only after considerable faffing about and unknown details. I gave up and went to replace FF VII USA with FF VII Europe, which uses my two custom videos just fine, when magically the Disc 2 and 3 videos for FF VII USA just started showing up again. I'm sure this comes down to some tiny detail when it happens, but I remain clueless as to its exact nature.

Well, apparently it doesn't even have anything to do specifically with the titles, whether or not mine were wrong; simply -moving the videos from the folder- breaks the frame objects now. Tried with FFVIII discs 2-4 and they instantly break and do not resolve when I replace the videos again. The _only_ thing I can think of is that this is some issue with the theme(s) I'm using, but why would this possibly occur? Removing a video from the directory should give me an empty frame on the wheel, not remove the frame entirely. And replacing them should reverse it. No idea what's causing this. Edit: it HAS to be something specific to my exact Sony PlayStation setup, themes, -something.- None of my other systems do this if I remove a video, only PlayStation. And it does it with any video. Remove it or change it in any way, video frame breaks permanently for that entry.

They absolutely do. I can remove a video from any of my other systems and I just get the 'no video' in that game's frame. Though, after you mentioned this, I tried making an .mp4 of the No Video clip, as the stock one was .flv, and I noticed that for one of my PS1 games that had a broken video, I was able to remove that video and get the No Video to show rather than a missing frame, but the others won't do this. For the one that did work, I had to change the xml entry (in this case removing the country code) and that video worked.

If I remove the country code, it's essentially a 'new' xml entry and Hyperspin shows the No Video frame for it until I rename the associated video, which shows up fine. But I can not then rename it back to, say, 40 Winks (USA) because that breaks the frame again. I can rename the xml entries successfully, but only one way, I can't seem to go back. I guess unless I find another PS1 system theme that doesn't do this crazy nonsense, I can simply live without country codes for games which I dare to look at their videos funny.

Equally oddly, I can add, say, a Europe version of a game to the xml/video/artwork/wheel folders (all with copies of the USA media items, simply renamed) and it works just fine, and then if I re-add the full USA file names for that same game, it works again. I can then remove the Euro entries I made if I want. This seems a completely convoluted method that should in no way be necessary for the normal function of Hyperspin, and it happens nowhere else but on my particular PS1 setup, but there we are then.

Archived