Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Sega Triforce - Worth pursuing yet?

pavlovtiger

I'm steadily working through the hundreds upon hundreds of PS1 games for my setup, but when the going is that slow I naturally tend to let my attention wander. It's wandered into the small handful of games for the Triforce hardware and I looked far enough into it to grab the apparently required Triforce build of Dolphin. I got Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 "running," in quotes because it is not video gaming as I'd wished. Game loads, looks great, sounds great, I can insert credits with a controller mapped to the Gamecube specs, good as gold. The minute I start the race, try braking round a turn (tried the Y button I'd mapped) emulator crashes. Every time, whenever I dare to press the Y button.

That's just one example. Can't seem to run the first Mario Kart Arcade GP game at all, DVD Error, and haven't tried any other games. I know very little about emulation of this system; is it even worth going after just yet? I found a thread about a main menu theme from 2 years ago, and the .ahk is in my modules folder. Nothing about a system theme (I see plenty of folks with one, just no word on where -I- can get it,) and most importantly, no database file.

So, assuming I can find someone kind enough to share their xml and system theme (and maybe wheel art?) how much of the Triforce library is actually bootable/playable? I know it's essentially elevated Gamecube hardware, but apparently it requires a different Dolphin version, so there must be issues with it or they'd have made it part of the normal Dolphin (I can only assume.) What do I need in order to get these games running, or should I wait a while for any sort of updates? Is Dolphin my only option or is there another arcade emulator that might work too?

Cheers.

Worth pursuing is relative. There are versions that are playable... but to a degree. Just enough to make me frustrated. I pretty much gave up. At the time crediar was cranking out updates, then everything stopped. Also, the updates that supposedly fixed things were not quite fixed. Example: "Dolphin can now run F-Zero AX!" I personally, have not for been able to get it to work. So of the four or so playable games each required a different build. Also, I got Mario GP 2 playable, however it was frustrating that I could not save. I think he is mostly focusing on Wii U and Dios Mios. I am not going to tell someone where or how to spend their time, but I hope the project is worked on further. So in short, I would not say it's worth it. :( ...but hopefully someday...

I only have gp2 working at the moment. apparently theres a way to get fzero AX to work, but its basically a port from the gamecube game(or vice versa). And i say working in the loosest of terms. the audio is pretty choppy on most levels. dont get me wrong, its a fun game to play. but its not worth the hassle.

I only have gp2 working at the moment. apparently theres a way to get fzero AX to work, but its basically a port from the gamecube game(or vice versa). And i say working in the loosest of terms. the audio is pretty choppy on most levels. dont get me wrong, its a fun game to play. but its not worth the hassle.

Haha, yeah, I tried that... was not impressed... better off just playing literally the GC version.

Alright, let's say I only focus on Mario Kart GP 2, and leave the rest for 'maybe someday.' What would I need in order to run it in a stable manner? I need the Triforce.xml obviously, and a system theme for Triforce would be grand if someone has it to share with me, but what of the actual game? All I know so far is to set the AMD Baseboard to SP1 and.. one of the other options in that same menu, controller I think, both these should be that Baseboard (no idea what this does, I just know the Dolphin build crashes without them) and Enable Cheats. Any idea why I'm crashing when I press Y? Is the vehicle brake meant to be another button?

Alright, let's say I only focus on Mario Kart GP 2, and leave the rest for 'maybe someday.' What would I need in order to run it in a stable manner? I need the Triforce.xml obviously, and a system theme for Triforce would be grand if someone has it to share with me, but what of the actual game? All I know so far is to set the AMD Baseboard to SP1 and.. one of the other options in that same menu, controller I think, both these should be that Baseboard (no idea what this does, I just know the Dolphin build crashes without them) and Enable Cheats. Any idea why I'm crashing when I press Y? Is the vehicle brake meant to be another button?

Each tri-force branch, from my experience, acted, a bit different. Worry about getting it to run outside of Hyperspin. I'll check tomorrow, but in the meantime, grab one of these (at the moment i forget which one) and then just read up and mess around with your GGPE01.ini file. I think the third page had the right "codes". Good luck.... if you get it working then REALLY REALLY want to save, don't say I didn't

I love Trailer Park Boys. =p Thank you for the info to read through. I'll try that other build of Dolphin Triforce.. have you got the xml you can send my way/clue me into where it might be on FTP? If I manage to get the game running I'd like to make a spot for it on HS, even if it's the only Triforce game for the foreseeable future that works.

Archived