Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

***Playstation***PBP Instead ISO or BIN format, can it be used to save lots of GB's?

Aorin

Hi, how are you?

So, I'm trying to compress my psx isos and bins to pbp, depending on each game, lots of MB's can be saved, just like compressing a PSP ISO to CSO, what I'd like to know (If anyone already tried it), does this format works with Hyperspin?

I know that ePSXe 1.8 and up can run PBP as well as PCSX.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.

I tried using epsxe, pcsx and mednafen via HLHQ and putting PBP as the rom extension, but the game didn't started. I'm not a veteran with HP and HLHQ but, my question is, if a file format doesn't have support or even exist in a given module, will the emulator load that game?

OK, I now figured out how to use PBP iso compressed in HLHQ, what I had to do was choosing PCSX as the default emulator, desabling Daemon Tools and the game ran OK.

Hope this helps other people out there, if anyone needs to save space, I think PBP is the best choice, it saves lots of space and do not need to be uncompressed as 7zip, making the loading times really faster, just like an ISO or BIN.

I used YAAC to batch compressing all PSX BIN and ISOS.

About the GCZ compressed GameCube Isos you mentioned, take a look at this topic http://forum.pleasuredome.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=23496&page=2

It seems that compressing to this format some games can have problems, I hope not.

Also, as we are talking about compressing to save space (Space is cheap OK, but if we can do it without losing loading performance, why not?), Last month I converted my Neo Geo CD WAV tracks to MP3, I saved about 30 GB doing this, the whole set is about 5 GB or less.

What do you think about this compressions?

To convert my Neo Geo CD Wavs to Mp3 I used Boxsoft Wav to Mp3 Converter, it is a free program, I left the Mp3 quality in 128 kbps, it is OK for me, but if you want best quality, set to 192, 256 or 320 kpbs, the way I did it Neo Geo CD set reduced from around 40 GB to 4 or less.

Converting tracks and keeping the WAV names Raine will play them and you won't even note any difference.

PS: I re read my post above, I told you I used YAAC to convert psx BINs to PBP, YAAC is a program to compress PSP Isos to CSO (Compressed ISOS), I made a mistake, the program I used to convert the PS1 games to PBP is called PSX2PSP 1.4.2, the only problem I have with this is to rename all my PBPs, because the program, even having a batch mode to convert BINs to PBPs, it converts to "eboot.PBP", so what you have to do is to rename this file to match the XML database for PS1.

PSP only recognize PBPs when their name are "eboot.PBP", this sucks when we need it for HS.

I couldn't get MESS working with my Neo Geo CD set, seems I have to do more than it is needed in NeoRaine.

It is up to you, I think NeoRaine is very easy to setup, it does not show any message when you start a game (like Mame and Mess), you can set the CD loading speed up to 48x or turn it off, graphic filters, etc.

Archived