Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

[FIXED] Corrupt Videos

tompipe

I've solved the video corruption issue, allegedly a problem with onboard intel graphics. Its actually an issue with the FLVs. I ran a check with Adobe's FLVCheck, here's the results

FLVCheck version 4,5,1,484 - Utility to validate flv and mp4 media files.
Copyright(c) 1993-2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
www.adobe.com

14-10-26 17:56:23 	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\AAE.flv passed

14-10-26 17:56:23	Error:	-108	Invalid video codec.	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Actionmax.flv

14-10-26 17:56:23	Error:	-108	Invalid video codec.	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Adventurevision.flv

14-10-26 17:56:23	Error:	-108	Invalid video codec.	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Arcadia 2001.flv

14-10-26 17:56:23	Error:	-108	Invalid video codec.	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Astrocade.flv

14-10-26 17:56:23 	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Atari 2600.flv passed

14-10-26 17:56:23 	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Atari 5200.flv passed

14-10-26 17:56:23 	D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Atari 5200.mp4 passed

<snip>

All the videos which are reported as invalid were the videos corrupting in hyperspin. 37 in total.

I tried rencoding a corrupt video using ffmpeg and switched the file, it displayed properly in hyperspin :dancing2:

So I came up with the following powershell scripts to rename the corrupted files:

.\flvcheck "D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\*.*" | select-string -pattern "Invalid video codec" | %{$data = $_.Line.Split("`t"); Rename-Item $($data[4]) $($data[4] +".corrupt") }

And this one to reencode the corrupted files:

ls "D:\Games\Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\*.corrupt" | % { $n = join-path $_.DirectoryName $_.BaseName; &".\ffmpeg.exe" -y -i $_ -q 5 $n }

They need to be run from a folder that has ffmpeg and flvcheck binaries (can be found on google), and the correct path to your videos

this sounds very interesting! Myself I have this problem and I could well imagine that it was encoded at. You speak about 37 videos that are corrupt. do you have only 37 or more videos on your system? would all your videos be affected?

this sounds very interesting! Myself I have this problem and I could well imagine that it was encoded at. You speak about 37 videos that are corrupt. do you have only 37 or more videos on your system? would all your videos be affected?

These were just the videos in the MainMenu folder. I've since found a lot more that were "corrupted" in the various emulator folders and left it re-encoding them all last night.

When I get home this evening I'll post the updated script that recurses through the entire Media folder, finds all corrupt videos and re-encodes them

that seems to be interesting for @Circo from emumovies and @djvj. do you find out which parameter is wrong in the original mp4? it looks like their are "mostly" not encoded to a standard iso-format. maybe that's the point why they are not playable without deactivate hardware acceleration on intel HD-4600 platform.

here is a short reminder about this problematic:

- the long story

- a short story

incidentally, never managed to re-encode me a video back from mp4 to flv that works in HS.

now I'm curious how your huge work ended :lollypop:

Archived