Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

RetroArch and stella bezel speed issue

potts43

Hi, I've mentioned this elsewhere and I'm not the only one to have seen this issue. I've had a workaround offered but it's not ideal. Has any one solved this?

You run RA and use the stella core. HLHQ has bezels turned on. I have 2 bezels in the Atari 2600 _default folder. One is Alexdc's widescreen bezel and the other is my 16:9 fully transparent bezel. The purpose of the transparent one is it gives the option of running RA almost full screen and as bezels are turned on you can still use instruction cards. However, if I use my transparent bezel I get 60 fps but if I use Alex's I get 30 fps and is unplayable. If I use grizz or the TV bezels I get 60 fps. I've tried using Alexdc and just messed with the bezel.ini and I get 60fps but the screen aperture doesn't match and is tiny...

Any ideas as to why the fps would half?

Well I've done some more experiments. If I alter the ini files to anything other than full 0,0 to 1920,1080 or the TV default ones then the fps drop to 30 from 60. I have no idea what the relation is. If anyone has any knowledge of this anomaly please let me know it's driving me mad ;-)

I've played with the RA GUI and that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'm using RA and using that bezel as an overlay in RA. It works perfectly. Do that and disable bezel support for the Atari 2600 in HLHQ. The beauty of RA is that it lest you adjust your emulator window size as well to you can extend it to fit the bezel perfectly. If you're still having problems let me know and I'll upload my settings for you tonight.

I'm using RA and using that bezel as an overlay in RA. It works perfectly. Do that and disable bezel support for the Atari 2600 in HLHQ. The beauty of RA is that it lest you adjust your emulator window size as well to you can extend it to fit the bezel perfectly. If you're still having problems let me know and I'll upload my settings for you tonight.

Will try that cheers!

Archived