Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin - Mapping controls for mame as well as all other emulators - Please

barakawins

I'm almost up and running with HS. Mame configures controls awesomely. Tab and enter controls to configure. Is there any

easy way to make all the controls the same throughout each emulator without going into each one separately and setting controls individually?

Just go into all the settings for each emulator and map your controls to the same buttons you have for mame.

This only gets tricky once you get to emulators that only accept keyboard inputs and then require you to use keyboard mapping software for joypads. NullDC springs to mind.

I have a PSX, SNES, N64, Saturn controller and arcade stick plugged in. I have configured keyboard strokes to control the emulators and use joytokey to assign the keyboard strokes to the individual joypads.

MAME is awkward in the sense that it only accepts raw inputs, so either keyboard strokes or joystick button presses directly, and not keyboard strokes mapped to joystick buttons in joytokey. For this reason I use Final Burn Alpha for arcade stuff.

Archived