Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Help needed with attempt at multiple original control setup

jshel65

I am attempting to create what could be an awesome setup with my hyperspin front end. The idea being that nes, snes, sega genesis, ps1 and 2, as well as gamecube emulators are all controlled by their actual original controllers. I am using mayflash and related usb cables to allow me to do this.

My plan is that you would navigate through hyperspin using my x-arcade tankstick. Then once a particular system is chosen you would simply pull out the original controller for that system and carry on!

So far, it seems that windows is getting confused on which controller is being used and is proving to be a real challenge thus far. Has anyone else attempted a similar setup, and if so have any suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated guys.

I am configuring most of them as joypads, although I do use xpadder for my xbox 360 controllers which up until now have controlled every emulator (I only recently decided to work on this multiple original controller upgrade to my setup).

Has anybody here had experience with this by chance: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,108767.0.html

I have two original NES controllers, two PS2 controllers (used for PS1), two Gamecube controllers, and one xbox360 controller. I use the xbox360 for pc games, MS-dos games, dreamcast games, a couple other systems, and to navigate hyperspin via a Pinnacle Game Profiler setup. Everything is wired, and I've left them all plugged in the same spot. I don't navigate hyperspin with any system controllers, so I do have to pick up the system controllers after i've selected my game. But so far it's been a pretty nice setup.

With Pinnacle, in order to navigate hyperspin with different system controllers you unfortunately have to manually start another instance of the program for each controller, and select a hyperspin profile that you make. I did it once with the NES controllers so I could use Player one to move up and down and select a game within the hyperspin wheel. I guess I got lazy, and didn't want to have to start 3 different instances of Pinnacle just to be able to navigate a system with it's original controller. Using either the xbox360 controller, or the keyboard isn't really that hard so I gave up on that and just grab the original controller once I've selected the game in hyperspin.

With my setup, for controllers with only digital controls (NES, SNES, SMS, etc.) I use JoytoKey (or xpadder or any other similar program) to assign keyboard controls for the pads. This gives the advantage to being able to use any digital controller with any system, so if you are like me, I like using the NES pad when playing NES games, but sometimes the square corners of the pad can get uncomfortable, so I'll switch to the SNES pad. With analog control pads, like the N64 pad, I have all the controllers plugged in and then I configure the N64 pad for the N64 emulator. I'm not sure why your IDs are changing if you aren't adding or subtracting controllers.

If you are unable to get it working consistently, I would suggest having an accessible USB port handy and just plug in the controller you want to use. It's not as convenient as having them plugged in all at once, but I'm not sure why you are having device ID troubles, I haven't had trouble with multiple controllers.

I haven't looked into this project, so I'm not sure if it will help you, but have a look and see http://www.hyperlaunch.net/forum/showthread.php?173-Project-Key-Mapping

Archived