Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Wiring Control Panel Question

Ibanezmike

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I am wiring a 4 player control panel for my home built arcade machine and I have bought a pre crimped set of wires. The ground wires came pre daisy chained which was awesome, but I started on the left most player (Player order: 4,1,2,3) and got to finishing up player 1 only to notice that the daisy chain crimp next on the line wouldnt reach over to the player 2 slot. The next crimp on the chain fits but the one before it will be hanging. I just wanted to know if thats cool or not? I could tape it to the control panel so it dosent hit anything else, or would it not work at all if its not connected to something? Thanks -Mike

• 1 month later...

I had a similar scenario BUT while the un-connection piece isn't an issue, I found running this single cable cause me issues with Player 1 controller. ie the Joystick wouldn't respond.

Basically, I had to run another negative feed to player 1 for it to work.

Almost like it couldn't handle it. Doesn't make too much sense, but after running another earth from my IPAC controller and feeding to Player 1, all works fine. Even though my 4 player buttons and joysticks are daisy chained.

It was 1am Christmas eve (promised I would finish before Christmas) and the extra earth wire fixed it.

My machine hasn't missed a beat since... Hope that helps.

Archived