Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How does 7z support work?

Raccoon

I tried to use MESS as Atari 2600 emulator, all roms are 7z

When I tried to start a game a window flashed briefly and all I had time to see was something like "Fatal error" and the window disappered again.

Then I extracted all romfiles and could start the games with MESS from Hyperspin.

Does this mean I don´t have 7z installed correctly?

My MAME roms are in zip archives and ScummVM are 7z, MAME works but not ScummVM.

Yes I do and now I have tried A 5200 with uncompressed roms but that didn´t do any difference.

From HLHQ I can just see MESS start to load, but then close down immediately.

Maybe I should try another emulator but it would be nice if MESS could run as many systems as possible.

How do you start the game? I make use of the software lists by starting the game by name rather than by ROM:

mess a2600 -cart amidar

Works like a charm, and my ROMs are in merged 7z format.

I let Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch take care of that, I´ve never started any games manually.

When I´m about to install a new system I first put roms and xml files in apropriate folders, then I get the videos and wheels in their places.

Next step is to start Hyperspin to see that all works.

And last but not least i start HLHQ and set up emulator and paths, audit games and tries to start a few.

Sometimes it works but most of the time it gives me a few more gray hairs :)

It takes some time to figure out what´s wrong, searching forums for information or guides is not easy, you get so much more results than you want.

you need to enable 7z on HLHQ, settings, main settings, 7z, enabled option.

If you have the last HL version, and enable 7z for the systems that you want to use the compressed roms, everything should work fine.

Post a troubleshooting log and we will have more info to see if anything strange happens in your setup.

Archived