The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Hello, New here. Have a weird HLHQ problem

dern

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to setup Hyperspin for a while and am stuck at this point. I have been able to setup nes, snes, N64, and a few mame roms as well. Now I'm trying to set up my turbografx 16 in HLHQ and it won't save it. I setup the default emulator and rom path, I have all the roms correctly named and HLHQ should have no problem finding them, but when I audit the games they all come up red. I try to launch a rom and it says can't find default emulator in the emulator.ini file even though I just set it in HLHQ. I opened that .ini file and the turbo grafx portion isn't filed in with a path. I tried to manually type the path in and it wouldn't let me edit it that way either.

I've set the default emulator and rom paths probably 20 times and if I close HLHQ, the next time I open it none of the settings I set are there anymore, it's a blank slate again.

I'm not sure if HLHQ is missing a critical piece and I need to DL again and start fresh or not? Like I said I know how to setup an emulator, I got the first 3 systems working but from that point on, I can't get anything else working. It's like HLHQ is no longer saving any settings I set anymore.

Please help

Thanks

You up to date via GIT I assume?, if not get that done first and follow the instructions carefully. If you find after updating and you've followed the instruction that your systems are missing then I have a video guide you can follow to get them back (See my signature)

If you still have problems, you need to post your Hyperlaunch Log.

Thank you for your advice. I used some youtube tutorials to get everything set up and none of the videos I watched mentioned using git or dropbox. I'm not 100% what they're used for. Forgive my lack of knowledge, I'm still learning.

I just use hyperspin as the front-end, HLHQ to setup emulators to the preloaded list of systems and define to rom paths and test launch roms. The emulators are in the emulators folder, the roms are in the rom folder. All roms are correctly named.

The main problem is that HLHQ won't save anything( default emulator (global or local/ 1 system), rom paths, etc.) I set for any system. I had no problem before I had to restore/reinstall windows due to a weird error that told me there was no operating system. I reinstalled windows 7 and took the hyperspin folder with everything still inside back where it is supposed to be. Because of the system error, when reinstalling, Windows put everything on the HD in a folder marked "windows old" so I moved the hyperspin folder with all the files back where it was. I'm wondering if some crucial piece got lost during the malfunction? Like I said HLHQ was working fine before, was able to define and setup emulators and rom paths and it would stay. When auditing the roms in HLHQ they all would show up green and launch.

Also I've tried to find out how to get a system log and couldn't find how to do it.

I'm getting a new HD pretty soon as this one is 5 years old and I don't have much trust in it. If it turns out the malfunction did something to my files, I might just do a fresh install. It'll help me get a better grasp on the software anyway.

Sounds like you have a bad install.

I'm definitely thinking my install got messed up by the operating system malfunction. Any systems that worked before the malfunction still work but any new system I try to set up won't save anything I set.

If you try to reinstall windows and it finds a copy on the hard drive, it will name the old one, Windows old.

Your log can be found in the Hyperlaunch folder, if you can't see it, you to tell Windows to show hidden files. There is a guide on the main forum about how to post it.

Did you install GIT?

If you try to reinstall windows and it finds a copy on the hard drive, it will name the old one, Windows old.

Your log can be found in the Hyperlaunch folder, if you can't see it, you to tell Windows to show hidden files. There is a guide on the main forum about how to post it.

Did you install GIT?

Thanks for getting back to me. I am planning on installing GIT when I get some time. I'll update the thread with my log when I get it and install GIT.

Exactly, I took the hyperspin folder from the windows old folder and put in back where it originally was, on the C: drive, in the program files folder.

Archived