Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

I wonder about a projected backglass

rickla

Like many I'm in the "thinkin'" stage. I seem to be obsessing about old backglasses being full. Alas 4:3 screens are no more and putting a huge screen sideways is just well expensive.

I was wondering with all these pocket and pico projectors around, if anyone ran across one that would project say a 28" size from a short throw of a few inches?

I do see there are very short throw projectors so if not today maybe sometime soon there will be one. You could project from the rear of the backbox for the screen.

I did find one build where the playfield bottom had projected sides, same idea but has to of course be a lot smaller!

Pico projectors won't give you enough lumens for a decent back box screen, as they are normally around the 200 mark. Also you would struggle to get a 28" diagonal from a short throw.. this is normally around the 50-60cm range.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Yes I thought a pico may not do it. There are new super short throws that could but they are high end expensive (can hang on a wall and project). Maybe someday. The other option would be a mirror to increase the throw but I still am doubting this is doable.

Archived