The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

zsnes wont launch in hyperlaunch

jon

hi all, i have been working on my hyperspin setup, mame works no problem in fact its so good i want to add my snes emulator which is zsnes. all of the wheel/themes videos are set up correctly its the emulator/hyperlaunch im having a problem with.

zsnes itself works no problem outside hyperspin, the problem i have is launching it through hyperspin via hyperlaunch which gives no errors it just wont start literally nothing happens its not even showing zsnes working in my task manager.

out of interest i can get snes9x or bsnes to work but i want zsnes in particular

any suggestions are very much appreciated

atb

jon

First, try and launch through HyperLaunchHQ, if that doesn't work, post troubleshooting logs.

Second, you should be able to use esc as your exit key for those emulators as well as mednafen, and Retroarch, which in my opinion are all better choices for snes emulation. If they won't exit emulation via escape it sounds like you don't have hyperlaunch configured correctly.

1. I would not exist via ESC. If you plan on ever setting up DOS or ScummVM, you will run into a lot of problem because the ESC key is used to exist menus. Pick a different key to exit.

2. Znes has problem running full screen with Windows 8. It will crash, at least on my machine. I would recommend you used snes9x or Retroarch.

thanks for the replys, i want to stick with zsnes for now as i have it all set up how i want it, i found the joystick mapping easy to set up and i can exit via the xbox button instead of using the escape key. i will look into the suggested emulators but for now zsnes is what im using on windows xp its full screen no issues. it has taken me a while to get hyperspin to run ive had the usual crashing and the wheel spinning issues if i used my xbox controller but have sorted out those problems, i will look into the hyperlaunchhq again as this looked far to complicated at first glance. i was able to set up mame without using it, i will see if this gives me any results, again thanks for the replys

• 2 weeks later...

Archived