The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

looking for somebody that I can pay to give me some consulting on Hyper Spin

jhmkmacoolcs

I am looking for somebody that I can pay to give me some consulting on this matter and to make preferably Hyper Spin work with these emulators. I have MAME32, MAME+, Fusion (Sega Genesis emulator), and the Super Nintendo emulator. I would like to use Hyper Spin as my front end, and I also have Maximus Arcade. I also have the X Arcade joystick. I can get all the emulators to work by themselves, but when it comes time to making the front end ( Either Hyper Spin or Maximus Arcade) work with the emulators, neither of the MAMEs will launch directly into the game that I have selected from the front end.

I finally got a new computer that was capable of handling MAME and all the videos, etc. without lagging or locking up. This new computer that I got for the arcade game has 8 gigs of RAM and was actually my old computer until I got an upgrade.

I had set up MAME, Hyperspin, etc. on the computer i were using (which is now the new arcade game computer), and I have it right outside of the arcade game cabinet with the X-arcade game joystick attached to it.

However, when Hyper Spin launches, after I select a game console (MAME, or whatever), it tries to go into that game console, but then returns exactly back to the game wheel menu. And it always defaults on the Capcom game console.

I know there is probably a setting set wrong or something, and also I guess it always defaults on "Capcom". [email protected]

If you have the emulators working you have the battle won...setting controls isnt that difficult..I am not sure about the stick you are using but setting up most controls can be done by hitting "tab" on your keyboard.

Look on youtube. Gigapig has the best setup tutorial for mame that I have seen yet.

The reason your backing back out of your systems when you try to go into them is down to your hyperlaunch directories not matching the rom xml's per system,you need to have valid xml databases otherwise hyperspin won't have a list to load up and this is why it backs back out.

I would suggest you look over the tutorials for hyperspin,start over,take a deap breath and take your time,follow the instructions set out on the forum posts

and also it wouldn't hurt to look over gigapigs youtube video as he is the man ! he has a full tutorial linked below and videos,just take your time,set up mame 1st before anything else and go from there.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJr4...?feature=watch

btw,i can't find gigapigs writen tutorials,not on his sig either,im sure the vids will do you proud,have fun and ..

good luck

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for somebody that I can pay to give me some consulting on this matter and to make preferably Hyper Spin work with these emulators. I have MAME32, MAME+, Fusion (Sega Genesis emulator), and the Super Nintendo emulator. I would like to use Hyper Spin as my front end, and I also have Maximus Arcade. I also have the X Arcade joystick. I can get all the emulators to work by themselves, but when it comes time to making the front end ( Either Hyper Spin or Maximus Arcade) work with the emulators, neither of the MAMEs will launch directly into the game that I have selected from the front end.

I finally got a new computer that was capable of handling MAME and all the videos, etc. without lagging or locking up. This new computer that I got for the arcade game has 8 gigs of RAM and was actually my old computer until I got an upgrade.

I had set up MAME, Hyperspin, etc. on the computer i were using (which is now the new arcade game computer), and I have it right outside of the arcade game cabinet with the X-arcade game joystick attached to it.

However, when Hyper Spin launches, after I select a game console (MAME, or whatever), it tries to go into that game console, but then returns exactly back to the game wheel menu. And it always defaults on the Capcom game console.

I know there is probably a setting set wrong or something, and also I guess it always defaults on "Capcom". [email protected]

Just make sure that you have speakers plugged in, and the PC isn't muted. I was experiencing the same problem when my speakers were unplugged. If I selected a system, it would just return me to my default wheel.

Hope this helps.

Archived