The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

MAME - Changing Screen resolutions within a game - Possible?

barakawins

I'm going through Mame and having an issue with a handful of resolutions. I'm using Mameuifx and hyperspin.

I'd like to somehow be able to "tab" while in the game and change resolutions. However, I only get 2 aspect ratios to choose from.

I know advancemame used to be able to do this feature but it's way outdated. Anyone have any suggestions. With Mameuifx the only way is to manually

alter the ini file for each game. Unless someone knows another way.

Dont the games use the default resolution in mame unless you specify otherwise per game? I thought that is how mame works. I know you have some crazy cga resolution but i would assume it would run all the games at that resolution if you started with a fresh mameuifx mame setup and set your resolution.. good luck.

Yeah.. The problem is I'm using a standard CGA resolution monitor that won't take 640 x 480 resolution. Seems that mame and mameuifx all use this resolution.

I'm using windows 7 which doesn't like 640 x 480 interlaced. I could set it to 640 x 480 but the screen is very jittery and blurry. Going to 640 x 288 gives a really sharp good picture.

Also mame or mameuifx doesn't have an option for 640x288.

I'm wondering if there is a work around where windows 7 would permit 640 x 480.

Archived