The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Hyperspin with Media Center on HTPC

AVTechMan

Hi everyone, first time poster and would like some input.

Past couple of days I have been trying to decide on what to set up to use for a front end for my emulators. Previously I had used Mediabrowser 3 with the Gamebrowser plugin for awhile and has worked well for the most part. But now I have changed up media center software and so will change up my setup.

Right now, my current Media Center (hence MC) I use is JRiver. Does excellent for my movies and TV shows but now would like to incorporate my games to the mix. I can create a menu item to launch Hyperspin and then run the emulators from there.

Question is...will Hyperspin work well as a front end that can be launched from MC? I tried EmulationStation and while I got it to launch some emulators, I have had trouble exiting the emulator to return to the front end, especially PCSX2. I'm not sure whether Hyperspin could set a key to exit or whether that would have to be done on the emulator. RetroArch was also a good option, but not all systems are supported there yet.

So I am trying a different front end to see if this will work for me. I'm new to Hyperspin (having read about it from different forums) so I'll have to read over the get started guide to set it up. Right now have it on a test laptop for now before I deploy it on my main HTPC box, which houses an i5 Intel system with the nVidia GTX650 Ti GPU, which runs PCSX2 and Dolphin with no issues.

I like the wheel concept on Hyperspin, however the majority of the systems listed there I do not have or use, and a few I have aren't on the wheel. Is there a way to add or delete systems on the wheel?

Being almost 40 years old, looks like the nostagic feeling of playing some classic games is coming back to me. Glad I was an 80's kid when alot of the good stuff was around. :)

I like the wheel concept on Hyperspin, however the majority of the systems listed there I do not have or use, and a few I have aren't on the wheel. Is there a way to add or delete systems on the wheel?

Yes you can and it is very simple process all you do is go in hyper hq and click on main menu wizard you will see add a system or delete a system so all you do is click the add logo and then type in the system you want on the list other then that you will see a take away icon click that to remove machines you dont have uses for.

Then as you add them in it will auto make the folders and your all set. however the take away feature you have an option to delete just the database or the whole folder structure of that system you dont want.

Also make sure you type the system in following by the hyperlist nameing scheme otherwise it wont add the folders and the rest in as its very important to do so.

Archived