Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Focus issue when using JoyToKey

swimminginthoughts

I have an issue I've been trying to resolve the last past couple of days.  When JoyToKey is enabled, sometimes the emulator launches correctly after selecting a game, but more often than not, the screen will go blank for a second, then return to HyperSpin.  When I close HyperSpin (or ALT+TAB), the emulator has been launched and shows up in the taskbar minimized.  This happens with any emulator I use, on any system.

In RocketLauncher, I've changed all of the Hide Cursor, Hide Emulator, etc. settings but nothing seems to fix it.  I'm on Beta 15 of HyperSpin but I've also tried other Betas (9 & 10) but it still happens with those versions.  I haven't switched back to 1.3 to try that though.

If I disable JoyToKey, the problem seems to go away.  I have JoyToKey set to start minimized and hide from taskbar.

Any ideas?  I'm out of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you find a solution to this? I' having a slightly differnt problem where i have HyperSpin setup to autoboot upon windows login.  It loads and I can't controll anything with my joystick until I issue a left mouse click.  Its almost as if that gains HyperSpin focus again.  Very odd, but looking for a solution.

• 9 months later...

I have the same issue, it seems that the first time the emulator is launched the emulator keeps focus, but when it is closed, the second emulator launched loses focus. If I remove the JoyToKey profile from RL I can launch the emulator no issues, if I re-add the JoyToKey profile to the emulator the problem returns.

I'm continuing to see if I can figure out how to fix it.

You need to make sure you're running the very latest HS, using older versions isn't going to help. Especially going back to 1.3 as that isn't going to work with RL.

Also, make sure RL is fully up to date and you're running the latest version of joytokey.

Finally, this type of issue can be caused if any of the programs in the chain are set to run as admin. It doesn't sound like this is your issue, however make sure you don't have HS, RL, any emulators or other programs set to run as admin. This isn't ever needed.

After making sure all of that is sorted, we are going to need logs to see what's going, specifically an RL troubleshooting log. Set RL logging to the troubleshooting setting, launch a game until you get the problem and then post the log.

This issue can be solved, and is almost certainly a local issue. Many of us have this all setup and working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually gave up on HyperSpin and RocketLauncher a while ago.  I switched to LaunchBox for the front end and use RetroArch for 99% of the emulators.  Setup is so much quicker and easier.  If you haven't checked out LaunchBox, I would recommend it!  It's VERY actively developed and the author actually takes feature requests and implements them—he even live streams his coding on YouTube!  He's done several enhancements that I've requested.  Not to downplay HyperSpin, I just couldn't put up with all the little issues.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I was trying to use JoyToKey for MAME but realised I only need it for HyperSpin as MAMEs native joypad support is so good.

I now have two joypads working with HyperSpin and MAME, I especially like how MAME lets you press two buttons at the same time as an input, this is perfect for using the "start" and "select" key presses together to exit, but still being able to use them as start and select within the emulator.

I may need to follow the advise above for other emulators, but for now everything is working.

Just as a side note, I really like the HyperSpin interface, my plan is to build a cabinet, HyperSpin feels more like a proper arcade interface compared to the others I have looked at.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Archived