Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HLSL settings for MAME .180

lilcheeks

I'm pretty new to the mame scene but just setup a mame cabinet at home.  I love seeing the HLSL settings people have posted for previous versions of mame, but I don't see any for the .180.  My question is, if I use settings from a previous version, like .174, will they work on my .180 version?  If not, does anyone have a good HLSL setting to share?  Or a .ini file to share?  Thanks!

15 hours ago, gigapig said:

You can try your 0.174 settings to see if they work because there was some changes to a recent version but I don't recall at which version it changed. You could also try GLSL which is easier.

So I ended up trying settings from someones 0.174, and actually copy and pasted their mame.ini file (backed mine up first) and it works great.  Since that was so easy, I tried the GLSL route since my video card supports openGL and is plenty powerful, but I couldn't for the life of me get it to work.  I'm using mame64, and tried everything to get it working but I must be doing something wrong.  Is anyone aware of any tutorials on enabling opengl and picking a shader?

1 hour ago, lilcheeks said:

So I ended up trying settings from someones 0.174, and actually copy and pasted their mame.ini file (backed mine up first) and it works great.  Since that was so easy, I tried the GLSL route since my video card supports openGL and is plenty powerful, but I couldn't for the life of me get it to work.  I'm using mame64, and tried everything to get it working but I must be doing something wrong.  Is anyone aware of any tutorials on enabling opengl and picking a shader?

Someone just informed me that MAME64 does not support GLSL, so they told me to look into BGFX.  I'll take their word for it at the moment and do some digging. 

2 minutes ago, gigapig said:

Thanks, I actually watched that this morning but in that video, he is using MAMEUIFX, not MAME64.  I can't find anyone that walks you through getting GLSL going on MAME64.  Would you suggest a switch from MAME64 to something like MAMEUI64?  I'm using Hyperspin and Rocket launcher, so I don't think the actual MAME UI matters, except when it comes to changing settings.  Thoughts?

1 minute ago, agent47 said:

If you're using regular MAME you will need to grab the glsl folder (which contains the shaders) from uifx/arcade64 and put that folder in your MAME directory in order for glsl to work. Other than that it's just 1 or 2 line edits in the mame.ini to get glsl going.

Perfect, i'll give that a try.  Thanks!

Archived