Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Tekken 7 PC/Steam Controls - FYI

xul

Just wanted to give anyone a heads up on Tekken 7...  I have an IPAC 4 and over the last couple years have battled a lot with customizations to get 2 players working from the same keyboard via my ipac configuration.  Tekken 7 nails it.  Couple items to note:

1. I had to do was configure player 2's controls first, then configure player 1 and then reconfigure player 2's, so that the keys were not used multiple times.  

2. I used AHK to remap the ALT button for 'Y'.  Really easy to do in Hyperspin/RL

3. I do use vJoy for Mortal Kombat XL and Tekken 7 does not like this.  When vjoy is enabled in the device manager (windows 10), I won't get control access in the menu.  To get around this, i'm using devcon.exe with a couple batch files to enable and disable.  I have these batch files setup in my pclauncher module settings like this:  disables vjoy, re-enables vjoy when i'm done.  Everything else i have plays fine with vjoy (for now)

[Tekken 7]
Application=  steam://rungameid/389730
AppWaitExe=Tekken 7.exe
PreLaunch= D:\Tools\devcon\vjoy disable.bat
PostExit= D:\Tools\devcon\vjoy enable.bat

Namco actually has a utility when you start to map out 2 controllers via the keyboard. Bravo and more PC fighting games NEED to do this.  

I am using an IPAC 2 with this, and while I can map the buttons and sticks and they work fine, it's only for a short while before all input stops working, usually in the middle of a fight.  The only way to get it working again is to either quit the game and start it again or use a usb controller (e.g. xbox pad) go into the menus for controls and just like magic the game will accept keyboard input again.  I am pulling my hair out over this and nothing I have tried (vjoy, x360ce, plain keyboard input) works, it always ends up not working after 1 or 2 fights this is only when it's being controlled by ipac/keyboard, using a pad this does not happen.  Reading about it online there are others with the issue, some believe it has something to do with if the fps dips.  Needless to say it's unplayable for me in this state and being past the 2 hour limit for Steam refunds all I can do is wait for a patch.

11 hours ago, ParityClaws said:

I am using an IPAC 2 with this, and while I can map the buttons and sticks and they work fine, it's only for a short while before all input stops working, usually in the middle of a fight.  The only way to get it working again is to either quit the game and start it again or use a usb controller (e.g. xbox pad) go into the menus for controls and just like magic the game will accept keyboard input again.  I am pulling my hair out over this and nothing I have tried (vjoy, x360ce, plain keyboard input) works, it always ends up not working after 1 or 2 fights this is only when it's being controlled by ipac/keyboard, using a pad this does not happen.  Reading about it online there are others with the issue, some believe it has something to do with if the fps dips.  Needless to say it's unplayable for me in this state and being past the 2 hour limit for Steam refunds all I can do is wait for a patch.

I'm not having this issue.  Have you tried disabling the vjoy driver in device manager?  I saw that the game did not like this at all... once i disabled, everything was working well for me.

Yep, like you I have an AHK script which I have rolled into an executable which uses devcon to disable vjoy completely, no difference.  It happens at random times, usually in a fight, sometimes after a few seconds in the menus.  I have tried disconnecting the IPAC and using the keyboard only (and vice versa) and it still exhibits this behaviour.  I have trawled through windows event logs as well and come up with nothing.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this post. I just came on here to find out if Tekken 7 will work with 2 players from a single keyboard (Eff you Street Fighter 5) good to know it does.

From reading the Steam forums the keyboard glitch has nothing to do with Vjoy, HyperSpin, RL etc... it is a glitch that can affect any keyboard users just playing on standrd PC's. i imagine a keyboard encoder can cause the same conflict. Maybe I'll pick up the game and give it a try. I've absolutely loathed the last two tekkens though... is this one less floaty? It looks like it is from the trailers, but hard to tell. Those balloon character float combos are just so lame and un-fighting game like.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Thepro8 said:

Any chance you want to do a write/up or tutorial of this and MK X/SF V? I've been struggling for a while with these games and it's Not really clear how to do it. Think it would be useful to a lot of people. 

There are already a few topic on this forum about it if I remember right. A search for Vjoy, MKX, Vjoy drivers etc... should pull them up

• 4 months later...

Tekken and Injustice 2 have issues with vJoy... as of the last couple updates for Windows 10, it seems like the devcon disable/enable isnt working everytime.  I suspect that it's timing of the script or something.

Archived