Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

My install hang ups/ questions

thenoob

First off, apologize for the double post, but I’m having a few issues and need a few questions answered.

ive got hyperspin running with Sega genesis and all is ok, I’m moving to Mame and I’m a bit hung up.

1.  I’ve got a perfect Mame 0.139 set ready for Android.  I’m in the understanding you have to have your romsets  unzipped for Android.  I’ve unzipped them properly and they are all in their seperate folders.

now if I have this correctly, I have to go into Hyperspin/settings and adjust the “romextension” to match the unzipped rom extension? I’ve done this for genesis.  Currently it’s “zip” obviously.  My question is, when the Mame roms unzip , it’s not in a single file structure, so what extension do I add to the Settings confit so it will recognize the unzipped Mame roms?

wow, that was a long question but I think it makes sense??

i have a few other ones but that’s my main issue.

btw - I have followed the tutorials on here and d/l the Android hyperspin settings files and have overwritten them as told to.

image.jpg

Unzip vs zipped is emulator specific. Mame roms should always be zipped. Chd games do have unzipped folders but thats it.

For other systems like cd based consoles theres not much support for zipped files. Although compressed game formats do work like pbp, chd gzip (for gamecube).

I just did

tried turbo graphix and snes both in zip, wouldn’t work, I’ll unzip and add the proper extension to the Ini, that’s In HS/settings correct?

i tried this for snes last night, unzipped added sfc to the rom extension (that’s what my snes roms unzipped too) and it was a no go.  

For snes depending on what you named it mine is

Hyperspin/Settings/Super Nintendo Entertainment System.ini

it could be Hyperspin/Settings_Android

which takes priority over the standard settings folder.

i'm fairly certain sfc is fine and should work

what emulator (what core if Retroarch)?

Also forgot to mention...with that particular romset, you could just download mame4droid and leave the “parameters” field blank and type the following in the “exe” field:

exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid

Either way, you should be good ?

I’ll try this

i want to use retroarch because of the shaders

ive got Mame working fine in Retroarch just gotta figure out why it’s not launching in HS

again, I click on the game to launch, screen flickers, then just defaults back to the game select page I was just on. It’s working fine inside retroarch.

Ya it’s weird

all

my sets are from PD, perfect working order what I’ll gO through those one by one.

i do have one question tho,

i do have some custom shader packs and overlays,

where on RA android do they go? I browse the RA folder structure and don’t see any folders anywhere to import custom shaders and overlays (bezels) into.

thanks for all your help, being handy with Hs already made this a pretty painless setup.  

So if your set your overlay to the main retroarch folder

ive created a folder called overlays

all my mame overlays are in a folder called “mame” they are unzipped but named correctly as the XML.

will retro arch scan the sub folder “mame” inside “overlays”?  I’m obviously going to setup console overlays as well but really want to figure out how the folder structure needs to be.

and do you have to set these up “per core?”

So I’ve been able to get the default retroarch overlay to show.

how do i get the mame overlays to show, this shouldn’t be that difficult.  Folder is pointed to the correct location.

the CFG file for each overlay is in the overlay folder with the overlay artwork for each game. Do the CFG files need to be moved?

what am I doing wrong? The default retroarch overlay shows , doesn’t matter what Mame game I run.

Overlays currently have to be set per core or per game basis. Folder structure is not important really.

You have to manually point Retroarch to the .cfg file with your overlay image and save it on core/game basis

I have a topic on batch files that could help. Search batch and my name.

For MAME you can just use mame formatted sets and so long as the name matches it will work more automatically like PC MAME 

Thanks everything has been going on except for today

my nvidia Shield gamepad all

of a sudden cannot exit retroarch/hyperspin ie quit a game.  Is there a way to reset to the defaults? I know the shield controller should override but I’m having issues

thanks

Archived