Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

New Bartop Build

nitussi

Cool! How are you gonna exploit the VS-theme regarding the software? Anything special?

Is the screen gonna be horizontal?

And last one: is it wise to prime your wood before you put on your decals?

Nothing special for for the software ..just two 15" horizontal monitors head-to-head; just imagine two bartops stuck together at the back. But, I may mirror(not clone) the player two monitor to allow the second player to play a game like street fighter from the left and not the right like conventional two player games. One computer with dual output video card.

Not understanding what you mean about priming the wood.. after I cut the t-molding slots, I always paint the edges black because when using formica it makes the edge 1/16" larger for the 3/4" t-molding to cover; just blends better when I do not have 13/16" t-molding.. the cp's are made of MDF and the base is made of 3/4 birch plywood.

You've painted you cp before you put your decals on right? I was wondering if there was a reason for that.

Correct, I painted the edges for the t-molding before applying the art-work. As far as the art-work, that's not really decals. It's one piece printed on vinyl. Think I will be doing a pac-man theme.

If you are talking about the 4 sides, that is not paint, that's formica(laminate).

post-20997-142870588162_thumb.jpg

Wow man, impressed with your speed! You can build 10 cabinets, while i build 1!

Well it's pretty easy when you have the idea and plans in your head for over 3 years and finally get around to do it. Tools have a lot to do with it also, just about every cut and angle for this bartop was done with my 12" sliding compound miter saw. I have a 24" printer, so printing on vinyl is no problem. It's not the best, but it's ok. Also I am no expert with photoshop either, seems every time I use it I have to learn everything all over again. Vacation time off from work helps too.

Looking at the cab somewhat finished, I now know what color joystick and buttons I want to use. I have to order them.

This cab is spoken for and by request, I will be starting on another one soon. Very soon.

Archived