Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Samsung 46" play field

zeenon

Has anyone used any of the newer Samsung 46" monitors for the play field without any issues?

I was hoping to grab a un46d6000 since that is the defacto standard for the wide body builds but they are impossible to find unless you want to pay over $1000.

Z

Has anyone used any of the newer Samsung 46" monitors for the play field without any issues?

I was hoping to grab a un46d6000 since that is the defacto standard for the wide body builds but they are impossible to find unless you want to pay over $1000.

Z

Amazon has the UN46EH6000 on sale as an amazon warehouse deal for $550.25. They are open box with the following issues: Front of housing has minor cosmetic imperfection. Minor cosmetic imperfection on top or sides of item. Eligible for 30-day return policy.

Since you have to remove the housing to put it into your cabinet, who cares about the condition of the housing as long as the screen works.

Samsung UN46EH6000 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black)

I picked up my UN46D6000 (the UN46EH6000 I linked to above is the newer version of the UN46D6000) tv as an amazon warehouse deal and it said the same thing but I looked over the housing carefully and couldn't see any imperfections. The box on the other hand was pretty beat up, but the tv was fine.

Thanks technohat,

I pray that the UN46EH6000 decases and slides right in like the D6000 model. I looked on previous threads here and it looks like only two members tyson171 and DigitalMocking are early in the build and going to use that model.

I pulled the trigger and ordered one for $550.

Z

I am planing to build a virtualpin as well. Could someone explain why older samsung models should be taken rather than the newer models?

@technohat: You are talking about issues. What kind of issues do you mean?

ei8ht

Thanks technohat,

I pray that the UN46EH6000 decases and slides right in like the D6000 model. I looked on previous threads here and it looks like only two members tyson171 and DigitalMocking are early in the build and going to use that model.

I pulled the trigger and ordered one for $550.

Z

Lordindy and I both purchased the UN46EH6003 (Same as the UN46EH6000) for our builds and the TV is a great fit, it's actually slimmer and in my opinion a better fit as a playfield monitor. Only 1/4 of an inch depth needs to be routed from each cabinet side and the slot is 5/8 wide to accommodate the slim 1/2 inch bezel.

I am planing to build a virtualpin as well. Could someone explain why older samsung models should be taken rather than the newer models?

@technohat: You are talking about issues. What kind of issues do you mean?

ei8ht

They're Amazon Warehouse open box deals (ie they were bought and returned or were slightly damaged in the warehouse or in shipping). Each model is sold listing any problems with them. The ones being sold for $550.25 had the following listed in the selling description: Front of housing has minor cosmetic imperfection. Minor cosmetic imperfection on top or sides of item. Eligible for 30-day return policy.

Based on the description, it sounds like some minor scratches on the bezel surrounding the screen. Since we remove the bezel to put the screens into our cabinets, buying one with some slight blemishes shouldn't be a big deal. As long as the screen works, you should be good to go. As for why someone might want one of the older samsungs rather than the newest model: price. When new models come out, the older ones usually get discounted and can often be picked up even cheaper as an Amazon Warehouse open box deal. I have a UN46D6000 model and it's extremely thin and perfect for a pinball cabinet. It's a couple models old by now, so there should be several models to choose from that are comparable to it, including the UN46EH6000 I linked to above.

This tv is very easy to decase. It literally took 5 minutes to decase. Simply unscrew all of the screws in the back of the case and lift off. I just unplugged the speakers and power button/sensor bar from the main board and that was pretty much it. I then reattached he power button/sensor with some double sided tape on the back of the part of the case you can actually reattach.

The tv boarder is sbout 13mm wide. So very thin! I did reinforce the back with some garage brackets, and another great aspect of this tv is that there are two pieces to the back case that come off. The case that covers the ports and mainboards can actually be placed back on the help protect the components!

I can't comment on the quality of the screen, but others users seem to be happy. There are actually quite a few people that are using these, so maybe they can better comment on picture quality.

• 3 months later...

Archived