Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Sega CD with Retroarch

Sigwood

I think it must be a BIOS problem! I've been trying getting it to work the last couple of days, and it just kicks back in to Hyperspin. But when I run it straight through RA, and open Hyperspin in another window, and click on it then, it opens the other window straight away.

Your mention of bios got me thinking.  I had the bios files in with the Sega CD games since I read somewhere that was a good place to put them, however I just put them into the retroarch/system directory, now the games load from Hyperspin.  It was throwing me off because the games ran in Retroarch so I assumed that my bios files were fine where I had them.

Thanks very much.  Now I just have to figure out how to get retroarch to read the config file because it seems like it is loading default values instead of the settings I have assigned.

Edit:  I changed the settings after loading a game, looks like they have stuck.  Thanks very much to everyone who has helped me try to get this working.  I am glad things finally got worked out.

I guess the takeaway is that when I was loading a game from Hyperspin, Retroarch was loading default configuration values which meant that it did not have the directory I had specified for the bios files saved.  So once I moved the bios files to the default directory, it was able to find them, load the games and then I could set the configuration that actually would be loaded each time.

Ahhhh, indeed, retroarch has a bug (by default) where it will have separate retroarch.cfg settings for running RA directly versus being launched.   When changing path to the system folder (or any settings) for Hyperspin, be sure to change it by launching into another wheel/core like Atari 2600.

When you put the BIOS files in the system folder in retroarch, do you put them in a folder of their own or just com.retroarch/files/system? And what format are your bios files .bin or md?

Edit: I give up!!! Gone back to md.Emu!!!

I suspect you are hitting the same RA bug as someone else.

It has a different .cfg file if you launch games in RA or when you use a launcher like Hyperspin.

SO, you MUST make config changes after launching a game with Hyperspin... 

Choose a system without a bios, ie. launch an Atari 2600 game, THEN go into settings->directories and change the system folder to your folder holding RA bios files.   Then EXIT RA through it's menu to save config.   

Betcha that fixes it.

Archived