Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Windows 7 Pro or Windows 7 Ultimate

Is there any benefit to getting the Ultimate version installed?

None what so ever. . Just a waste of money if you are using it for a cab. The home version will work just as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Copy from other discussion

---------------------------

Speed difference = negligible or non existent

More processes, isn't a big issue if you have 2GB or more of memory. only differences are that Windows 7 Ultimate supports bitlocker and has multiple language support. Neither of these things will slow your computer down at all (bitlocker will only slow it down if you enable it) and removing things like language files will not speed up your computer.

Ultimate will eat up drive space more. Which would only be a concern if you are using an SSD.

Use RT 7 Lite to slimline your Win 7 install. It saves quite a bit of space if you do not use a lot of features, but the speed isn't much difference. Very useful for those with small SSDs, all programs, games and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit can be placed in a 32GB SSD.

1) Professional version would allow you to use xp mode which home premium would not.

2) If you want to connect it to your home network, then professional is a must. If you are using it as a stand alone, then home premium is fine.

--wikipedia--

Windows 7 Professional

This edition is targeted towards enthusiasts and small-business users.[1] It includes all the features of Windows 7 Home Premium, and adds the ability to participate in a Windows Server domain.[1] Additional features include operating as a Remote Desktop server, location aware printing, Encrypting File System, Presentation Mode, Software Restriction Policies (but not the extra management features of AppLocker) and Windows XP Mode.[1]

1) Professional version would allow you to use xp mode which home premium would not.

2) If you want to connect it to your home network, then professional is a must. If you are using it as a stand alone, then home premium is fine.

#1 works ok I suppose, never really used it much. If I needed xp for anything I would install a copy of xp and not emulate it.

#2 only worthwhile if you require windows domain authentication at home. (ie you have your own windows 2007/2008 domain) For basic file sharing and accessing windows shares / transferring files to your machine it's not needed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

I'm all for using there correct version of windows to achieve the desired task, I just feel that running anything other than Home premium (or XP if your setup has major issues with Win7) for a cab is a waste of money.

but at the end of the day its your money to waste not mine, so you can install whatever version you want :P

Archived