Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How to add a flasher bar to a flush mount screen?

My first cab had a flush mount screen where the the playfield was near the glass, not sunken like the new designs.

My friend would now like to add a 5 flasher bar to this cab. Its difficult to recess the playfield as everything fits nice now and the flipper buttons would hit.

Any recommendations to add a flasher bar to this design would be grateful.

Here is a pic of the first 2 cabs I put together, perhaps the other owner would be interested too in adding a flasher bar if its possible.

I LOVE the flashers, so we have to come up with something :) Here is a pic, where can they go?

post-273-142870592587_thumb.jpg

The cab will have to be worked on for wiring all the stuff for the flashers in, so i would put in the extra time to lower the screen a bit. You could just lower the back end a few cm, Doesnt have to be more than that to accommodate a flasher dome + it would look much nicer. The flashers add a real sense of depth to the simulation when they are under the glass. I dont think they will look&feel nice when placed above the glass.

most likely the screen are flush mount due to the size verus cab. in which case dropping them is not an option.

I would say depending on if you are running lcd screens or real dmd's we could create an alternative dmd panel that incorporates the flasher domes within it. perhaps below the dmd area of across the bottom or above between it and the backglass screen. other than that i guess on top of the cab.

Archived