Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame4droid working on Shield TV (not tablet) after Android M update?

djdaveoc

Hello all,

I read somewhere that after the Android M update the SD card would be referred to as some long string number instead of sdcard0 or sdcard1, and therefore you'd have to change the rom path in all the ini files for each system.  I used ES FIle explorer to find the name of my SD card now and updated all the ini files.  However when I start Mame4droid it asks if you want to choose the default ROM location.  I always have to choose no since my roms are not in that directory.  I manually choose the directory that my roms are actually in but this emulator still does not work.  Anyone know if it can work?  Keep in mind I'm talking specifically about the Shield TV console and not the tablet or portable device.

Thanks in advance.

I got it to work.  I had to mess with the rom path in the emulator on the Shield.  I have my roms in G:\Hyperspin\Emulators\MAME\roms.

On the Shield when I open the emulator I had to tell it no to using the default rom path.  Then I had to select "storage" for the 1st option.

Then I saw the folder with the name given to my SD card in ES File Explorer.  I selected that.  Then I could navigate all the way to the roms folder and select it.  Now I just need to take all 530 or so roms which I had in .7z format on the PC and manually change them all one-by-one to zip files.  What a time-consuming pain in the behind.  Oh well.  At least there's progress.  Not sure if I'll need CHD files for those games.  Anyone else know if they're required?  If they are, will those games work if you have the rom and chd named correctly and in the proper folders?

I got it to work. I had to mess with the rom path in the emulator on the Shield. I have my roms in G:\Hyperspin\Emulators\MAME\roms.

On the Shield when I open the emulator I had to tell it no to using the default rom path. Then I had to select "storage" for the 1st option.

Then I saw the folder with the name given to my SD card in ES File Explorer. I selected that. Then I could navigate all the way to the roms folder and select it. Now I just need to take all 530 or so roms which I had in .7z format on the PC and manually change them all one-by-one to zip files. What a time-consuming pain in the behind. Oh well. At least there's progress. Not sure if I'll need CHD files for those games. Anyone else know if they're required? If they are, will those games work if you have the rom and chd named correctly and in the proper folders?

let me know if you do. I can't get any of my roms with chd files to run in hyperspin and mame4droid. It just kicks out. They run on pc though

I got it to work. I had to mess with the rom path in the emulator on the Shield. I have my roms in G:\Hyperspin\Emulators\MAME\roms.

On the Shield when I open the emulator I had to tell it no to using the default rom path. Then I had to select "storage" for the 1st option.

Then I saw the folder with the name given to my SD card in ES File Explorer. I selected that. Then I could navigate all the way to the roms folder and select it. Now I just need to take all 530 or so roms which I had in .7z format on the PC and manually change them all one-by-one to zip files. What a time-consuming pain in the behind. Oh well. At least there's progress. Not sure if I'll need CHD files for those games. Anyone else know if they're required? If they are, will those games work if you have the rom and chd named correctly and in the proper folders?

let me know if you do. I can't get any of my roms with chd files to run in hyperspin and mame4droid. It just kicks out. They run on pc though

Archived