Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Added new systems to wheel, now old systems missing?

Norkusa

I've added a few systems to the Hyperspin wheel successfully before, but I just tried it again and now my wheel is totally messed up and missing about 4-5 systems for some reason.

Adding the original b&w Gameboy to my wheel worked with no problems, so then I tried adding NEC PC Engine and that's when I noticed the missing systems from the wheel. No text/artwork/theme shows up for PC Engine and now I'm missing 3DO, Daphne, PS1, and a couple others from my wheel. 

I thought replacing my edited Main Menu.xml with the original, untouched Main Menu.xml would fix it and put things back to normal, but changing it does nothing and everything on the main menu still looks exactly the same.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I double & triple checked media paths and settings .ini but I don't see anything wrong. Obviously something isn't set up correctly though. Any idea where I should look? I really don't want to start over and re-install everything but I don't know what else to do.

I'm assuming either your 'main menu.xml' file is messed up (formatting).   I can't imagine what else would cause this.

On Android, you can have 2 main menu files, the default (for PC) or a preferred menu on Android called 'Main Menu_Android.xml'

Sorry, should have said I was using a Shield TV (500gb). Maybe I'm editing the wrong menu file?:

Hyperspin/Databases/Main Menu/Main Menu.xml

Here's that my Main Menu.xml looks like: 

<menu>
  <game name="MAME"/>
  <game name="Atari 5200"/>
  <game name="Atari Lynx"/>
  <game name="Nintendo Entertainment System"/>
  <game name="Super Nintendo Entertainment System"/>
  <game name="Nintendo 64"/>
  <game name="Nintendo Game Boy"/>
  <game name="Nintendo Game Boy Advance"/>
  <game name="Sega Master System"/>
  <game name="Sega Genesis"/>
  <game name="Sega CD"/>
  <game name="Sega 32X"/>
  <game name="Sega Dreamcast"/>
  <game name="Sega Game Gear"/>
  <game name="Sega Model 2"/>
  <game name="NEC TurboGrafx-16"/>
  <game name="NEC PC Engine”/>
  <game name="SNK Neo Geo"/>
  <game name="SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color"/>
  <game name="Panasonic 3DO"/>
  <game name="Sony PlayStation"/>
  <game name="Daphne"/>
</menu>

Ugh, finally figured this out!! Long story short....make sure to edit your Main Menu XML's with a dedicated XML editor and NOT Text Edit (at least on a Mac) like I did.

Was about to re-instal everything and start over from scratch but I went back and re-read my post above my Main Menu XML attached. Noticed that the "/" in the "NEC PC Engine"/> was a different color than all the others. Figured it had something to do with editing it Text Edit, so I downloaded an XML editor for OSX and blam, all my systems show up now! So relieved! 

Archived