Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Need a little help with some PC shutdown wiring.

ald3n3

Yes that will be fine. You just wire it with two wires to the two pins on your motherboard. Look at your motherboard manual to see what pins you need to use...normally the same as the power pins. Push to turn on and push to power off..hold switch down to force windows to power off...

Just to let everyone know, I know so little about wiring :). Will this http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Stainless-Illuminated-Momentary-Pushbutton/dp/B005TX3OEC/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1373210807&sr=1-5 work for wiring to my PC's motherboard shutdown terminal?

And if so what wires or other things do I need to make the wiring work?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same switch..just splice into your existing power button wires for turning on and off and use a molex connector (red and black cables) for the red ring light power source. The switch has 2 prongs for the switch light power and 2 prongs for the actual switch to operate

I have the same switch..just splice into your existing power button wires for turning on and off and use a molex connector (red and black cables) for the red ring light power source. The switch has 2 prongs for the switch light power and 2 prongs for the actual switch to operate

Thank you for the quick reply guys.

Each connections on the push button are labeled as [+,-,1,2,3,4]. Would you happen to remember where each connections go?

Then for the molex. Is that the same as the molex connection from the PSU of my computer? Do i just take that apart and connect it to the button?

Thanks again so much for the help!

Don't connect your button to the molex it's easier to just connect it to the power led pins on the same header as the power switch pins.

that sounds easier to me. Thanks again guys for the help!

The switch is 12v and i think the motherboard gives out up to about 3.6v so i cant see it giving the button enough juice? However If it works through the power switch pins then id be intreaged to find out. Let us know how you get on :D

I tried to connect it using the motherboard and it does work. I'm still waiting for some wirings to check if the illumination is better if connected to the molex. Ill post some pics sometime this week.

I finally got around installing the button. I tried connecting it to the shutdown connector from the motherboard and the molex from PSU. Gotta say im liking the molex connection better, it's much more brighter! You are right, the juice from the motherboard is just not enough to light it up all the way. Here are some pics.

post-59570-142870593771_thumb.jpg

post-59570-142870593775_thumb.jpg

The brightest one is with the molex connection. The other two are from the motherboard connection.

post-59570-142870593774_thumb.jpg

I finally got around installing the button. I tried connecting it to the shutdown connector from the motherboard and the molex from PSU. Gotta say im liking the molex connection better, it's much more brighter! You are right, the juice from the motherboard is just not enough to light it up all the way. Here are some pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28594[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28595[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28596[/ATTACH]

The brightest one is with the molex connection. The other two are from the motherboard connection.

Glad you got it sorted :)

Archived