Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Preparing for my control panel

vaderag

I'm in the process of building my cab, but given the bad weather it's somewhat delayed as I can only work outside.

I was planning to wait until I'd built the cp to set up controls in all my systems, but I was wondering if its possible in any way to prepare for it being ready?

I'm building using an ipac ultimate...

Thanks

I am currently setting up all the controls on a finished cabinet, but using the cheaper zero delay USB ones and my advice would be make a mock up box of your control panel out of a shoe box or something and wire it all up then set up the emulators. Reasons for this is if you set everything for a 360 pad or similar then there is a lot of standing up trying to configure everything and in some cases you may even need to redownload a working emulator (I've had to do this to a few). Anyway so my advice start the controls early as this is the bit that takes the time. Obviously it could just be my sticks / buttons and my limited knowledge.

Yeah, this is party of my concern.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the ipac maps to keyboard keys, so I bad wondering if just setting all emulators to use the same keys might work and then configuring the ipac to those keys... But until I have it in hand I'm not certain...

Yeah, this is party of my concern.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the ipac maps to keyboard keys, so I bad wondering if just setting all emulators to use the same keys might work and then configuring the ipac to those keys... But until I have it in hand I'm not certain...

I'm not familiar with ipac at all, but this is how I set mine up. I set the same standard layout for keyboard keys in all of my emulators, but then used Xpadder to match it with an Xbox controller.

So, in principle, it's nearly the same concept. I highly recommend it.

If you are only using 2 player setup, you can check out my controller setup in my signature (further down) I posted the keyboard layout I used for each button.

Archived