Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help getting set up

gkny

I downloaded retro arch and hyper spin on my shield tv. Followed the tutorial and downloaded hyper spin and Settings_Android on my computer and loaded it on my sd card. I'm using mame4droid 0.139. I have the correct rom set. My roms play in retro arch and mame4droid but not in hyper spin. I searched through this forum and think I understand the settings. Mame ini is hyperspin/ Emulators/MAME. My rom path is Emulators/MAME/roms. When in hyperspin I click on Mame and it doesn't take me into the games wheels it just kicks me back to the systems wheel. Hope someone could lead me in the right direction. Been spending days on this. I don't have a setup on my computer. Do I need a complete setup running on my pc before it will work on android.

I had the same problem yesterday. I think what fixed it was deleting a 'defalut' zip file that was sitting inside one of the MAME media folders (i think it was the one that contained all the individiual game themes). The game wheel finally loaded up after that.

Could be an error in your (MAME.ini), if you've got another system where you can get to the wheel copy and rename the setting .ini to MAME.ini, and then try launching the wheel. If it works go back and set your paths, exe, parameters etc :)

Archived