The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Help with Arcade Monitor - "'Out of Range"'

Redskins

On my mame cabinet, I had the arcade monitor working but someone changed my resolution settings. I tried to change them back to 640 x 480 60 hertz but I am still getting ''out of range".

Let me know if you need anymore info to help me out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

do you have a normal monitor you can attache to the cab?

if so attach this to the cab, reset the screen res back to 640 x 480 then plug back in the arcade monitor.

Thanks - I have tried that but I still get out of range - I am using Wells Gardner 9200 arcade monitor in the cabinet. I am using an LG LCD computer monitor to try to adjust the settings (graphics card).

Any other ideas?

Usually one way to fix this is load your computer in safe mode. It should detect the correct monitor resolution. (usually f8 at bootup) Then when you reboot without safe mode it should be fine again. This has worked for me a few times in the past when I had the same problem.

Usually one way to fix this is load your computer in safe mode. It should detect the correct monitor resolution. (usually f8 at bootup) Then when you reboot without safe mode it should be fine again. This has worked for me a few times in the past when I had the same problem.

I will give it a try - my problem is I can not see what is on the screen in order to choose safe mode - it just says "out of range". I will let you know this evening.

Archived