Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperPin XML Editor

tonycrew

I would like to build a hyperpin pinball game but dont know where to start. need help.
Well, this thread isn't one to help with that... Just check out the forums, especially the HyperPin Cabint forum. You'll see threads for many different builds.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a manual on how to work this? I have taken out a my images a couple of times, thank god on the dev machine but it is frustrating to have to re-install hyper pin again and go through and edit all the stuff.

The artwork checker and either reset all or update description+files is what does it.

G.D.! that update description on the artwork check just killed my xml database again. I had created about 12-15 entries and went over to the artwork tab and only saw two. Hit the artwork check and it just wiped out all but two entries.

Edited by stgdz

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just wondering, what would a good editor need ?

I would think of the following things:

• reading out current settings
  • choosing directory with your VP/FP tables
  • automatic recognising of the tables (input needed)
  • possibly renaming tables and images
  • generating the correct settings files
  • detecting of missing files (images, movies)

If we could come to some sort of project description maybe i could spend some time on trying to make something.

Any additions to the list above are welcome ;)

Hi all,

Just wondering, what would a good editor need ?

I would think of the following things:

• reading out current settings
  • choosing directory with your VP/FP tables
  • automatic recognising of the tables (input needed)
  • possibly renaming tables and images
  • generating the correct settings files
  • detecting of missing files (images, movies)

If we could come to some sort of project description maybe i could spend some time on trying to make something.

Any additions to the list above are welcome ;)

Do you have access to the code? The current editor works great, but getting a list of missing files would kick ass!

Don't know what language it is written in, but it does not look that complicated (at first glance) so rebuilding should not be a problem.

I see a lot of advantage in the option of just look at the tables\ directory and based on that give an overview, maybe with a rename option to link files together. That part should not be so hard.

The recognition of files is the hard part i think, since there are a lot of tables out there. So it should need a 'update' option to get the latest list of tables.

Just shoot the idea's, when it comes together in my head i will try to take a shot :)

It was developed under VisualBasic .NET if I remember my talks with Tony about it. Very very easily recreated, in any .NET language though. At one point, it was going to be incorporated into HyperList but that idea was quickly scrapped due to being primarily for HyperSpin.

The online HyperList database system still has remnants and pieces of the HyperPin database stuff. :)

It was developed under VisualBasic .NET if I remember my talks with Tony about it. Very very easily recreated, in any .NET language though. At one point, it was going to be incorporated into HyperList but that idea was quickly scrapped due to being primarily for HyperSpin.

The online HyperList database system still has remnants and pieces of the HyperPin database stuff. :)

Nice to hear that, i have done some work in VB before, just need to catch up ;) Any chance i could get the current source ?

I am not real familiar with HyperList, but before inventing the wheel again, could a future app make use of the database system ?

Thanks for the comments so far

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

May I ask where to find the XML Editor? When I go to Filefront, it says "file not found, redirecting to Gamefront"

I've also tried the Hyperpin Database Editor but I get an "unhandled exception" and if I try to open visualpinball.xml I get another error.

Thanks

Dan

Edited by curiousdan

• 3 months later...